Author Topic: Duplicate Named Criminals  (Read 658 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Duplicate Named Criminals
« on: February 22, 2012, 09:58:25 AM »
This story just reminded me of:

"Hi, I'm Larry. This is my brother Daryl, and this is my other brother Daryl."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/21/three-brothers-with-same-name-arrested-in-massachusetts-drug-raid/#ixzz1n6WUexy0?test=latestnews
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Duplicate Named Criminals
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 10:28:02 AM »
I was half expecting different last names.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 11:11:56 AM »
Reminds me of an interview with a welfare mother who had 10 children. Interviewer asked the kid's names.

"Daryl"

What about the rest?

"They's all named Daryl. Makes it easy - I say 'Daryl, time for bed' and they all go to bed. At dinner, I say 'Daryl, time for dinner' and they all come to dinner."

What if she wants to talk to a particular child?

"Oh, then I just calls 'em by his last name."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 11:46:54 AM »
Apparently being named after holy entities had little impact on their ability to be good and decent folk.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 01:48:26 PM »
This story just reminded me of:

"Hi, I'm Larry. This is my brother Daryl, and this is my other brother Daryl."

That's a good one. First thing I thought of was George Foreman's kids.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 03:29:03 PM »
I'm going to wait for the trial.  Separate attorneys for each, and cross-objections as to which one is referred to as Angel-1, or -2, or -3 based on allegations that the number assigned carries some derogatory attribute.  Either that or someone screws up and says Angel Luis when pointing to Angel Ramon but actually meant Angel Carlos. [popcorn]

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 07:16:33 PM »
My stepbrother has the same first name as me.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 08:38:06 PM »
My stepbrother has the same first name as me.

What days do you get to use it?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.