Author Topic: Sweet......  (Read 1260 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Sweet......
« on: February 19, 2013, 12:00:02 PM »
Standing outside just now and a Bentley Continental GT rolled past.

Sigh.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Sweet......
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 12:40:46 PM »
That's a good way to roll if you've got the money.

Kind of a "stealth" uber-car IMO. (Assuming it's the 12cyl?) out of the corner of the eye, it looks "expensive" but could be many cars, an Audi or something... At least in terms of being odd or flashy, it doesn't exactly look like 200k on wheels.

Unless you're a car nut, you kind of have to really stare at it to realize it's a Bently.
I promise not to duck.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 12:44:51 PM »
I didn't get a look at the front, which is the easiest way to tell which trim line it is, only the side and rear.

When it rolled past I knew that I had seen it before, but couldn't quite place it... Until the ass end came into view. Very hard to miss the Flying B.

All in all, though, I'd rather have an Aston Martin Vanquish...

Or better yet an E-class Jaguar with the turbo rare detachable hard top...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:50:42 PM by Mike Irwin »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

CypherNinja

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 02:04:40 PM »
That's a good way to roll if you've got the money.

Kind of a "stealth" uber-car IMO. (Assuming it's the 12cyl?) out of the corner of the eye, it looks "expensive" but could be many cars, an Audi or something... At least in terms of being odd or flashy, it doesn't exactly look like 200k on wheels.

Unless you're a car nut, you kind of have to really stare at it to realize it's a Bently.

I know what you mean. I saw one parked outside a McDonald's ( :lol: ) a few years ago. I was in the drive thru and for some reason I couldn't stop glancing at it, then on the 5th or so look I went  :O :O :O :O :O.
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 02:45:16 PM »
I didn't get a look at the front, which is the easiest way to tell which trim line it is, only the side and rear.

When it rolled past I knew that I had seen it before, but couldn't quite place it... Until the ass end came into view. Very hard to miss the Flying B.

All in all, though, I'd rather have an Aston Martin Vanquish...

Or better yet an E-class Jaguar with the turbo rare detachable hard top...

I had a gig moving cars for a while. Honestly, I was always nervous when I moved a Bentley. Worst (from a comfortable POV) car to drive? Some of the  Lamborghini. Think less comfortable to drive than a Ford Focus. Most comfy? Jag X-Series. Smooth, responsive, nice turns, etc. F-classes were nice, but a tad small for my tastes.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 04:44:09 PM »
There are one or two in my town (don't be surprised, I live in Ashburn VA, there is all east one veyron, and like 10 GT-R's)...I like them, but for the price, if rather have a used F550/575/599/612 front engine Ferrari.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 05:34:57 PM »
Our neighborhood goes up to about $800,000 and is convenient to reliant stadium.  I see some serious wheels from time to time.  We've got football, baseball, basketball players living around here, TV people and plenty of other 1 percenters.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

wuluf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 07:30:45 PM »
In our (old, run down middle class) neighborhood there is a Jaguar/Land Rover/ Maserati dealership.  I see some sweet wheels rolling on...