Author Topic: Zombie spread simulator  (Read 2684 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Zombie spread simulator
« on: March 04, 2015, 09:45:30 AM »

http://mattbierbaum.github.io/zombies-usa/

Bit simplistic, but entertaining.

I was less than pleased how quickly things spread to my neck of the woods from DC, Baltimore or NYC
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Zombie spread simulator
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 10:51:49 AM »
Anybody else having a problem getting it to load?

Personally, I think either RevDisk broke it or let zombies in and they killed the game.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 11:53:41 AM »
Pennsylvania is screwed from my simulations. Interestingly, I started the outbreak in Chicago and it NEVER made it into Minnesota. It did, however, take over half of Michigan, all of Ohio, Pennsylvania and the Eastern seaboard north of DC.

Also interesting: after hitting DC, it took just as long for the outbreak to take get to and take over Richmond as it did Boston.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 12:56:32 PM »

Seems like east of the Mississippi, any infection will generally spread across the entire area.

West of the Mississippi, population density is low enough that it will burn itself out. Even if you hit the major population centers.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 01:12:32 PM »
CA is interesting. If I start a spread in the central valley (can't tell if I'm hitting Bakersfield or Fresno because of the map), It covers the entire valley and then spreads into San Francisco, but there seems to be a natural barrier that leaves the central-south coast untouched. Vice-versa if I start an outbreak in LA or San Diego. Weird, because the I-5 corridor should easily spread it into LA and the coast, unless there was some kind of manmade barricade that cut off that artery, which this model wouldn't account for.

Someone help me on the time though - I'm not reading it right or else it's wonky. In some scenarios it appears an infection completely covers an area of around 400 by 200 miles in under an hour.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 04:17:13 PM »
clicked on the game, but nothing happens