Author Topic: Sanity Check  (Read 2792 times)

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: Sanity Check
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2013, 04:41:47 PM »
Scope is (and has been for decades) mounted on the rifle.  It is not the origional Browning mount though.
Formerly sumpnz

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2013, 09:24:30 PM »
SWMBO says she wants to give back the Auto-5 (20ga) in exchange for the .22.  The shotgun means squat to her.  I think its really cool, anyway.  I have enough firewood to sell to pay for the .22 while keeping the 20ga.  Buying the .22 with the firewood money means less fishing gear.

FIL would take the exchange.

Thoughts?
Formerly sumpnz

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2013, 09:30:30 PM »
If it's what swmbo wants, do it.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2013, 09:32:48 PM »
SWMBO says she wants to give back the Auto-5 (20ga) in exchange for the .22.  The shotgun means squat to her.  I think its really cool, anyway.  I have enough firewood to sell to pay for the .22 while keeping the 20ga.  Buying the .22 with the firewood money means less fishing gear.

FIL would take the exchange.

Thoughts?

You don't fish with a shotgun  ???

(second hand lion joke  ;)  :lol: )
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2013, 09:50:16 PM »
If it's what swmbo wants, do it.

Brad

+ 1

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 10:16:55 PM »
I have a grade 1; I bought it a few years ago.  Walnut and blue.  It would be beautiful except for the glossy plastic finish on the wood.  IIRC, a grade 2 had a nice oil finish, but cost twice as much.

I love the way they "point" like I imagine a fine shotgun would.  (of course you still aim it, but you wouldn't really have to if the target is big or close.)  Loading is awkward with the magazine in the buttstock.
"It's good, though..."