Author Topic: Another addition to my gun collection.  (Read 2846 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: Another addition to my gun collection.
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2014, 09:04:18 PM »
Neat to see the action cycling, but it definitely missed the Browing Auto 5 lessons in finesse. 
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 10:18:20 PM »
I don't recall seeing any.
Speaking of which, if you bought some type of firearm from someone from another country, how would that work? Would you have to pay a bunch of money to get it over here. Would it have to get scarred up with import marks? Can it even be done?

It can be done, but it does need to follow all the relevant import rules (certain firearms that are legal to build and sell in the US aren't legal to import, and it needs to go through a licensed importer, and probably a few other things). I think it does need an import mark. Your shotgun may have been imported before all that was required.

There are a lot of firearms imported all the time (Saigas, Glocks, etc.), but to get a specific firearm imported over probably wouldn't be cheap because of all that legal hurtles.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 11:52:36 PM »
That's disappointing. I've got my eye on a shotgun that's overseas, unless I happen to find one for sale here.

Why do shotguns hate me? Some might remember when I mentioned the Baikal that I had pinched my arm shortly after I got it. Well shortly after picking this one up from the store when reaching over looking at the bottom I pressed the the thing needed to cause the bolt assembly to slide forward, grabbing a big chunk of arm skin with it. Two neat cuts, and the skin in between got squeezed pretty hard.  :'( Looking back I can't even figure out how I had my arm to where it would pinch me.

Had some initial problems when I got it.
Figured out that the RST 2 1/2" shells I got are actually crimped just a tad to short causing them to jam. It seems that the shell has to be long enough to completely cover the lifter, otherwise the next shell in line will be just above the lifter preventing it from lifting the shell up. I finally figured out what was going on when I stuck my Winchester 2 3/4" shells in. My 2 1/2" RST shells, which when crimped measure out to about 2 1/16", and the Winchester shells when crimped measure to about 2 1/4", just enough to make a difference and you can also tell by looking at it from below. Talked to someone else who has one who said he uses the Gamebore shells, should receive my box tomorrow.
Other problem was that I couldn't completely lock in the barrel assembly to the rear half. To separate the forward section from the back there is a button beside the end of the tube cap that you press which allows you to rotate and lift the cap which then allows you to rotate the forward section and then separate it from the back half, and then just reverse to put it back together. Finally figured out what was going on. From what I have read the way the barrel is secured in sounds kind of like the way the M12 is, it uses a barrel ring. The barrel is threaded and this barrel ring is screwed onto it. The barrel ring has teeth and it is screwed onto the desired depth. There is a little bar that is slid into the side of the barrel assembly that locks against the teeth of the barrel ring and that is held in with a screw. Well on the bottom of that there is a groove that a little extended pin that sticks out of the receiver slides into when you connect the two pieces. It just so happened that the little bar wasn't fully pushed in so the pin on the receiver wasn't actually sliding into the groove, but there was just enough wiggle room that it would still close. The pin would lift up on the barrel assembly just a little bit causing it to cant, and that was just enough to keep it from fully locking in. Took a little bit of looking how everything connected but I finally got it.

Got back recently from the trap range and it fired every time. Didn't hit every time though. :lol: Of course I haven't shot trap, or any other shotgun sport, for many many years.
Pictures!
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2014, 05:14:24 PM »
So you're saying instead of Garand Thumb or Ljungman Fingers, you got Sjögren Arm?   =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2014, 06:49:49 PM »
lol yeah. I had also got the pad of my ring finger pinched too.
Anybody know what the 13/1 12, the 12 is inside of a circle, on the barrel could mean?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2014, 07:20:54 PM »
lol yeah. I had also got the pad of my ring finger pinched too.
Anybody know what the 13/1 12, the 12 is inside of a circle, on the barrel could mean?
I've read a few articles about these in Swedish, I'm sending off a message to the author to ask if he knows.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 07:27:54 PM by Viking »
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila