Author Topic: Heath Ledger found dead...  (Read 11103 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Re: Heath Ledger found dead...
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2008, 08:26:02 AM »
If you remember a THR guy named fallingblock, he lives (or lived) in Alice Springs. He sent me Milo and Vegemite once...  grin
Avoid cliches like the plague!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2008, 08:35:03 AM »
"Now, would you go try and get the wad out of those panties of yours please?"

No problem, I just left it on your front porch!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2008, 08:37:39 AM »
Thanks, whatever it takes, just as long as you feel better.  cheesy

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2008, 08:38:25 AM »
Mason wanted to participate, too...

You'll have to go in the backdoor until you can get a shovel...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2008, 08:46:36 AM »
Thanks for the warning,,, I'll get the backhoe...  laugh

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2008, 08:55:39 AM »
Geez, the media are smiling vultures.

Even a second of the nooz on XM while getting lunch:

"There hasn't yet been any determination of whether illegal drugs were not present..."

What?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2008, 08:57:46 AM »
For some reason I'll be very surprised if it's found that he has illegal drugs in his system.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2008, 09:14:16 AM »
you forgot "ten things i hate about you" and "dogtown"

BTW, mostly got wrote off as a teen and chick flick, but "ten things i hate about you" is actually a really good movie. deffinatly a better take on shakespeare then some of the other stuff to come out in the past ten years or so.

as for the circumstances of his death, well, i'll chalk it up to the curse of the potentially great actors who die young.

Also "The Four Feathers" and "Casanova", if you're looking for more historic incaccuracy in a not bad movie.

I'd rather it be an accident than deliberate, he seemed a fairly locked on young man for being caught up in the "star world".
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2008, 12:27:30 PM »
Maybe The Patriot - I think it had Mel Gibson in it, right?
Two Australians (playing Australians or any other nationality, that's irrelevant) kicking evil English ass? If I didn't know it was a Mel Gibson movie I'd suspect it is. 

I found that interesting, too.  But Gibson was apparently born and raised in the U.S., by an American father and Irish mother.  They moved to Australia when Mel was twelve.  That's according to Wiki, at least. 

Did you find the portrayal of the British in that film to be a bit rough? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2008, 12:52:04 PM »
"Did you find the portrayal of the British in that film to be a bit rough?"

To some degrees it was accurate, but in others no, it wasn't. It also soft shoed to some degree the actions of the Americans.

The War in the South was an ugly, ugly thing, FAR worse than what went on in the North.

IIRC, the movie takes place in 1776-1777, which is several years too early for the war in the South. The British didn't start focusing on the South actively until 1779 or there abouts.

Col. Tavington (I think that's his name) is fairly closely based on the (supposed) actions of Banaester Tarleton, who is said to have committed atrocities against American troops who were trying to surrender. There is no evidence that he ever committed atrocities against American civilians. Likewise, there are a number of scenes in the movie (the church burning, for example) that are pure hogwash.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2008, 01:06:15 PM »
Hog wash, from Hollywood? Come on now...  shocked

cheesy

Iain

• friend
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2008, 01:15:48 PM »
I found that interesting, too.  But Gibson was apparently born and raised in the U.S., by an American father and Irish mother.  They moved to Australia when Mel was twelve.  That's according to Wiki, at least. 

I'll admit that I haven't seen the Patriot. Nor do I know anything much about the history of the period.

Occasionally Gibson and the English becomes a bit like the Family Guy quote - "come on, that's about as realistic as a white guys dialogue in a Spike Lee movie." He's reasonably entertaining, but he seems to have beat on the English in multiple historical guises.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2008, 01:20:24 PM »

I'll admit that I haven't seen the Patriot. Nor do I know anything much about the history of the period.

Occasionally Gibson and the English becomes a bit like the Family Guy quote - "come on, that's about as realistic as a white guys dialogue in a Spike Lee movie." He's reasonably entertaining, but he seems to have beat on the English in multiple historical guises.

After living for that much time in Australia, he probably came to resent the poms. cheesy
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2008, 05:07:22 PM »

No more than the Sassanach deserve.  grin
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."