Author Topic: Heroic cop saves us from skateboarders...  (Read 6235 times)

Tecumseh

• friend
Heroic cop saves us from skateboarders...
« on: February 14, 2008, 12:48:42 AM »
Yes, thank god for this guy.  Imagine these kids would have waxed the rails on some city parks and all hell would break loose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLYzho6Af_o

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Re: Heroic cop saves us from skateboarders...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 01:48:14 AM »
Interesting.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 01:48:25 AM »
This story was featured on my local news this morning. 

We have a New Baltimore here in MI, and they said that the NB police department was receiving complaint calls and even death threats.   rolleyes

Anyway, that cop needs to be fired and charged with assault.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 02:12:43 AM »
Yes, thank god for this guy. 

My thoughts as well.  Video cameras should be banned, along with all this pesky accountability.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 05:14:38 AM »
Jerks on skateboards wearing fugly clothing and a jerk in a meter-maid scooter wearing really a unfortunate uniform.

Nowadays, it is wise to be on your best behavior in public, 'cause even if you don't believe God is watching, some schmoe with a phone-cam probably is.

Gotta love the last line:
"Is that camera on, 'cause if i find myself on Y--"

I sure hope Officer Neckvein enjoyed his tirade, because it is gonna cost him.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 05:16:04 AM »
Cop should have tasered the kid.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 05:19:11 AM »
Kids should have run and given Officer Chunkytrunks a heart attack.  Him getting fired would be a good substitute, though.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Racehorse

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 05:50:34 AM »
MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....power trip....mmmmmmmmm

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 06:23:37 AM »
Sometimes skateboarders are a nuisance, and even a danger to pedestrians, but there are more appropriate ways to deal with them than a power mad cop in a golf cart and nutty looking uniform. Pass an ordinance that first offense of skateboarding in a prohibited area is confiscation of said skateboard. Politely remove skateboard from skateboarder and destroy. A few skateboarders get their boards destroyed and the rest get the idea and move somewhere it is safe and legal to use them.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 06:45:34 AM »
yet another reason we need to clone Andy Griffith and Lawdog- hundreds of thousands of times over.  with those 2 flavors of cop, LEOs would be above reproach.

Strings

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 07:55:57 AM »
Might I suggest the officer in question take up ranching?

Why is it I NEVER get to see stuff like this happening in front of me?

BridgeWalker

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 08:17:18 AM »

You don't skateboard enough.

And you aren't quadraplegic. 

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 08:23:10 AM »

You don't skateboard enough.

And you aren't quadraplegic. 
grin

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 08:41:49 AM »
This looks awfully familiar . . . didn't this happen at least 6 months ago or so? Pudgy cop on a tirade against skateboarders? (Looks like Cartman from South Park, all grown up . . . "Respect My Au-Thor-I-Tay!"  police )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 09:02:55 AM »
Nah, that was another group of bratty teens and another LEO with anger issues.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 12:19:13 PM »
A jerk in a meter-maid scooter wearing really a unfortunate uniform.

That was my first thought.  Spandex does not breed respect for authority.   smiley

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 02:43:17 PM »
Sometimes skateboarders are a nuisance, and even a danger to pedestrians, but there are more appropriate ways to deal with them than a power mad cop in a golf cart and nutty looking uniform. Pass an ordinance that first offense of skateboarding in a prohibited area is confiscation of said skateboard. Politely remove skateboard from skateboarder and destroy. A few skateboarders get their boards destroyed and the rest get the idea and move somewhere it is safe and legal to use them.

Prohibition and confiscation or destruction of private property by hands of the Government is never a good idea, at any level, in any form. Get's them full of hot air and eager to extrapolate their new found "powers" to other areas of control on civilians:

"Sometimes gunowners are a nuisance, but there are more appropriate ways to deal with them than a power mad cop in a APC and tactical looking uniform police. Pass an ordinance that first offense of owning a gun is confiscation of said gun. Politely remove gun from owner and destroy. A few gunowners get their guns destroyed and the rest get the idea and move somewhere it is safe and legal to use them" (Arizona?)

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

vernal45

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 02:54:22 PM »
Dig a little deeper on this.  This incident happened over a year ago.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 03:01:22 PM »
Dig a little deeper on this.  This incident happened over a year ago.

So therefore no longer matters and can be swept under the rug?

Nah, doesn't work that way.  This may have happened last summer, but nothing was done about it until the video hit the internet just recently.  Delayed justice is still justice.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 03:07:04 PM »

While I'm not a fan of skateboarders myself, screaming at a 14 year old who is standing around doing nothing dangerous is a lil excessive.  "When I'm talking, you shut your mouth and you listen."  "The sooner you learn that, the longer you live in this world.  Because you go around doing this stuff, someone's going to kill you."  Personally, at that point, I'd be worried that he was going to flip out and do something nuts.

Assault a kid, stealing his board, hitting him again.  Then screaming at him.  I suppose a lot of folks would consider this properly disciplining a kid.  If you're the kid's parent, sure.  But if I was that kid, I'd probably have a healthy fear and loathing of police officers afterwards. 

At least he learned an important lesson.  Never trust a government.  Ever.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Strings

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 04:17:55 PM »
I actually just showed that vid to my dad. There are NUMEROUS points where Officer Not-so-friendly basically screws himself. Dad just sat there, shaking his head.

Would LOVE to be an adult happening on that scene. A quick call to the station, and a request to speak to the watch commander, would DEFINATELY be a fun time!

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 05:35:12 PM »
charm city cop

doc2rn

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »
Barney Fife, AKA "Dude", needs to remember the serve of protect and serve.
I would bet he became an officer because he was picked on at the age of 14.
It's all about respect, you give respect to get it.
Another fine example of fine upstanding LEO.

TF_FH

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 07:11:55 PM »
"Your friends got brains in their head, they know when to shut their mouth"

He should heed his own advice.  I hate jackasses like that.

I wouldn't quite agree with that as there is the chance that while skateboarding, you arent exactly reading some random sign up on a pole.  I would have to say 1st offense is a written warning (just to have paperwork to keep track of offenses), 2nd offense, confiscation and returned to parent, 3rd and all following offenses would be total confiscation.

But anyway, this guy went off the deep end.  He will get screwed and I hope this jerk doesn't decide to get revenge on this kid because he got caught being a jackoff.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 07:18:46 PM »
Because you go around doing this stuff, someone's going to kill you.

When I heard that, I was surprised the kids didn't just run.  Sounds like a threat.