Author Topic: Stop Loss...  (Read 5105 times)

Strings

Re: Stop Loss...
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2008, 07:30:31 PM »
>anyone amiused that the guy bringing up the epic film is about as likely to encounter stop loss in his life as i am to wear high heels and makeup<

Odd... I didn't know Tec was in the military. I thought he was a college student... Tongue

johnster999

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2008, 08:04:13 PM »
It doesn't look very good to me. Think I'll pass.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2008, 08:40:20 PM »
hey if i shaved em i got great legs

Send pics to fistful.  He's supposed to vet them.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2008, 08:43:23 PM »
if i showed em once i'd never get him to stop bothering me.... grin laugh

Strings

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2008, 09:03:04 PM »
HAVE you ever gotten him to stop bothering you? If so, EVERYBODY here would like to know your secret!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2008, 09:53:59 AM »
I was almost stop-lossed.  I did whine about it, but only in private.  I did nothing to try to get out of it. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2008, 11:39:31 AM »
Seems like the movie will portray cowboy hat wearers as violent, perverted drunkards.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2008, 12:31:15 PM »
I considered enlisting after high school.  One of the big reasons I decided not to was the nature of the contract.  Reading the fine print, it was clear that the Army could keep me active for as long as it wanted even though the contract was nominally for 4 years of active service and 4 years of inactive.  It was essentially an open ended deal.  No thanks. 

I even asked the recruiter if I could negotiate to have that part of the contract removed.  He looked at me like I had suddenly grown three heads.

Anyone being stop-lossed has no business complaining.  It was right there in the contract you read and signed.  If you had a problem with the terms, the you should have done what I did and not signed it.

James Fitzer

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 01:02:44 PM »
I got recalled, did a tour, and did it honorably...

Therefore, I believe I DO have the right to whine about it :-p

But seriously... these kids should get their whining done, get it over with, and then show up and do their duty honorably. Like my entire platoon did (all of us were IRRs)

Then I went and re-upped :-S   *smackhead*

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2008, 01:38:11 PM »
I enlisted in '04, and it was very clearly ponted out to me, several times, that the total contract length was 8 years.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2008, 07:16:40 PM »
Anyone being stop-lossed has no business complaining.  It was right there in the contract you read and signed.

Precisely, and just as othershave pointed out in slightly different words elsewhere in this thread, Tommy. That's what pissed me off in the trailers for the film. The guy says, "I honored my end of the contract and I expect the military to honor theirs.", or words to that effect. Tough titty, moron. Too bad you didn't know what you were getting into, and it's your own fault you didn't.

The film is Hollywood anti-military and anti-war propaganda foisted on the public in the guise of entertainment. Period.
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.