Author Topic: Mini Crossbow  (Read 1768 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Mini Crossbow
« on: April 18, 2011, 04:44:09 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfOyE5b2jh4

Mini-crossbow with 3 different type of bolts and a 5.9lb draw force.

Made by the same guy that makes the mini cannons (http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=24389.0)
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Mini Crossbow
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 05:02:58 PM »
At first I thought the ramming tip would be good for zombies - head shots make zombies go all asplodey!

But them I saw the flaring tip and thought not only will it destroy their head but burn then to a cinder.

And the bolts tips could be made out of silver, like the crossbow body, but use stout wooden shafts.  That way you get protection from not only zombies but werewolves and vampires.

Leaving only the question, what crossbow bolt for clowns?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 08:25:31 PM »
But them I saw the flaring tip and thought not only will it destroy their head but burn then to a cinder.
No no no, for teh elevenmillionteenth time, don't start zombies on fire- if you don't drop them in their place, they'll follow you and burn down your cover trying to get in.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 08:32:36 PM »
I REALLY want the mini cannon. Good excuse to buy a mini-lathe. >:D
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 10:53:30 PM »
No no no, for teh elevenmillionteenth time, don't start zombies on fire- if you don't drop them in their place, they'll follow you and burn down your cover trying to get in.

But ....

Won't a head shot with an arrow drop them as well as a head shot with a bullet?

And then the fire will deal with any brain parts that didn't get destroyed in the initial trauma.

Leastways that's what the gun at the counter at the gun shop has been telling me for the last umpteen years, and he's a Navy Green Beret who served in Viet Nam during Gulf War I. :angel:

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.