Author Topic: Competing Washington state initiatives on background checks enjoy support  (Read 988 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/2014/04/15/poll-majority-support-both-gun-initiatives-on-washington-ballot/

This is interesting: two upcoming state initiatives on firearms background checks that are polar opposites of each other enjoy majority support.  I am in favor of 591.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
The survey of 504 voters, taken April 9-13, shows a public confused about a nationally watched “gun battle” shaping up in the Evergreen State.

Ah journalism, where polls that are the rough equivalent of yelling a question out at a bar and gauging how loud people yell get reported like actual news.  ;/
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Damn, reading the whole thing that is such a hack job partisan propaganda piece it's literally insulting to my intelligence. Two pictures, both intended to convey support through the captions and one that's just a blatant attempt to get a "Yes on I-pissing on your freedom" yard sign into the article, talking about the evil NRA swooping in, a laughable throw away line about agribusiness "laundering money"...

God, old media cannot die soon enough.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
I expect 594, calling for more background checks, to pass in the greater Puget Sound area due to the political demographics.  591 will pass in the more rural areas of the state.  What would really be interesting is if both pass, and it is up to the courts to figure it out.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.