Author Topic: The hits keep coming...  (Read 4313 times)

drewtam

• friend
The hits keep coming...
« on: September 21, 2009, 06:52:06 PM »
The backer who brought the ACORN investigation has released new audio connecting federal NEA tax dollars to requests for propaganda.

http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/85512/

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/pcourrielche/2009/09/21/explosive-new-audio-reveals-white-house-using-nea-to-push-partisan-agenda/
EXPLOSIVE NEW AUDIO Reveals White House Using NEA to Push Partisan Agenda
by Patrick Courrielche

**NEA conference call full audio and transcript here**

Should the National Endowment for the Arts encourage artists to create art on issues being vehemently debated nationally?

That is the question that I set out to discuss a little over three weeks ago when I wrote an article on Big Hollywood entitled The National Endowment for the Art of Persuasion?”

The question still requires debate but the facts do not.

This seems pretty bad to me. But maybe I am over estimating how much this will get played in big media. Even it doesn't get play, this is a very dangerous road to go down.

I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: The hits keep coming...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 07:18:49 PM »
I don't know if it's legal to use something like the NEA to produce partisan political propaganda, but it shouldn't be.

taurusowner

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 07:25:27 PM »
I don't know if it's legal to use something like the NEA to produce partisan political propaganda, but it shouldn't be.

I don't think what's legal or right matters one bit to the left and the current administration, and they'll do whatever they have to do to spread their message.  Does anyone really think Barrack Hussein Obama wasn't up to his elbows in the same kind of scandals ACRON is in now when he was involved with them?  It goes back to the Alinski mindset BHO and his companions have.  Things like the NEA, or "community organizing", no matter how positive they appear on the front, or how positive they really should be, are just tools for him to use to achieve his ends.  Is BHO personally involved in this scandal or the other ACORN scandal(that we know about)? Probably not.  But I'm sure there were plenty of similar things that he was involved in when he was back in Mob-town, IL.  BHO and the current ACORN execs are thick as thieves.  Literally.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 10:49:10 PM »
Quite a few years ago, I worked as a slightly glorified typist for an NEA-affiliated regional arts agency. It was all about friends of friends doing friendly favors for other friends of friends with free federal money. If you need to wonder, all the friends were whacko leftist extremists.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 06:47:28 AM »
Quite a few years ago, I worked as a slightly glorified typist for an NEA-affiliated regional arts agency. It was all about friends of friends doing friendly favors for other friends of friends with free federal money. If you need to wonder, all the friends were whacko leftist extremists.

Funny how people only remember how leftist the NEA is when Democrats are in power.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 07:22:53 AM »
Funny how people only remember how leftist the NEA is when Democrats are in power.

???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 07:53:27 AM »
???

Obama is likely going to lose in 2012 if he keeps this sort of stuff up: think the guy who replaces him is going to stop the National Endowment?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 09:50:22 AM »
Obama is likely going to lose in 2012 if he keeps this sort of stuff up: think the guy who replaces him is going to stop the National Endowment?
It has been attempted before, but I believe the votes weren't there when it came down to a vote.  The media had a cow over it.  I think that was in the 90's.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 10:34:43 AM »
Should the National Endowment for the Arts encourage artists to create art on issues being vehemently debated nationally?

Went to the Phoenix Art Museum a couple months ago.

I was aghast at one of the exhibits.  Felt like I had walked into graffiti tagger paradise.  It was an exhibit on the "contributions" made to our society by "undocumented workers."  How they brought such cultural variety and so many new perspectives to our country.

Nothing but vandalized concrete, pictures of Mexico being imported into our cities, one barrio at a time, thugs with tattoos... crap like that.

It was federally funded.  I was appalled.  Blatant propaganda in favor of illegal immigration, paid for by my tax dollars.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 10:37:44 AM »
The NEA is a test program for the future Obamerica: sycophants eking out a miserable living from gov't hand-outs in exchange for nice words, images, and genuflection.

The best defense against the whole Obama thrust is in the Alinsky playbook: derision, open and frequent.  Turn The Him into a 'toon.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 03:25:17 PM »
What else would people expect from our Community-Organiser-In-Chief?
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 11:11:10 PM »
The NEA is a test program for the future Obamerica: sycophants eking out a miserable living from gov't hand-outs in exchange for nice words, images, and genuflection.

The best defense against the whole Obama thrust is in the Alinsky playbook: derision, open and frequent.  Turn The Him into a 'toon.

I find myself in complete and utter agreement with longeyes yet again. A rare but pleasant circumstance.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 10:31:30 AM »
Come, slouch toward Bethlehem with me...

"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 04:10:00 PM »
The President is actually almost powerless without ths House and Senate on his side.

Laws have to go through the Congress before he can sign them.  Congress can override his Veto.  Congress can pass or fail his judges nominations. 
And on and on.

Needed is a House and Senate that pays attention to the Constitution of America, and votes on the bills accordinly.  Let us run them and elect them in 2010.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 05:39:19 PM »
Come, slouch toward Bethlehem with me...

The Second Coming (Slouching towards Bethlehem)
W.B Yeats

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in the sands of the desert.

A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

OK, now you're really scaring me, longeyes.  I'll not take your mark!  :P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 06:07:23 PM »
The President is actually almost powerless without ths House and Senate on his side.

Laws have to go through the Congress before he can sign them.  Congress can override his Veto.  Congress can pass or fail his judges nominations. 
And on and on.

Needed is a House and Senate that pays attention to the Constitution of America, and votes on the bills accordinly.  Let us run them and elect them in 2010.

It seems the best combination in recent American history has been a Democrat President and Republican Congress. This combination seems to have the right balance on domestic policy. But is lacking on punch on foreign aggressors.

All democrat is a disaster.
All republican was a disaster.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 06:45:17 PM »

If you lived in a magical, Constitutional America, this would be true.

But the age of the Imperial Presidency has come. The President controls a variety of Federal Bureaucracies that he can leverage to do great amounts of damage with very little public oversight.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 06:59:11 PM »
Fistful scared?  Impossible.   =D

"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 09:07:48 PM »
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Good to know it's not a new phenomena.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.