Author Topic: Superstorms: Mother Erf is a single mom, dancing on the magnetic pole  (Read 7538 times)

wuluf

• friend
Re: Superstorms: Mother Erf is a single mom, dancing on the magnetic pole
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 08:37:59 PM »
will the poles still dance?????

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2011, 09:08:57 PM »
I picked this up from an article a few weeks ago about the renumbering of tampa's runways.
So what makes it go back and forth?
The magnetic north pole is always slowly moving and is currently heading towards Russia from its current position in far northern Canada. The magnetic north pole moves by around 64 km (40 miles) a year because of changes within the Earth’s core (unlike the true north pole which moves very slowly due to tectonic plate movements). It has moved from extremes of around 10 degrees east in the late 16th century to 25 degrees west early in the 19th century, and is now at around 3 degrees west.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2011, 11:13:45 PM »
The magnetic north pole is always slowly moving and is currently heading towards Russia from its current position in far northern Canada.

http://www.opednews.com/populum/uploaded/vladimir-putin-2430-20080828-60.jpg

Even the poles are attracted to him.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.