Author Topic: Santa Barbara killing spree - another freak seeking attention.  (Read 7560 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Santa Barbara killing spree - another freak seeking attention.
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2014, 03:39:05 PM »
From discussing a freak spree killer to donuts and apple fritters.  Record thread veer distance even for APS.  Truly impressive.   :O
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2014, 03:39:56 PM »
Reminds me of the Creigh Deeds mess. Parents raise concerns, mental health apparatus concludes that doing its job thoroughly is way to hard, releases nut. Nut kills or attempts to kill someone, then suicides.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2014, 03:51:56 PM »
From discussing a freak spree killer to donuts and apple fritters.  Record thread veer distance even for APS.  Truly impressive.   :O

*bows*
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2014, 04:28:58 PM »
BSL, you have a lot of nerve. If you had just gone over there and given your companionship to this fine young lad who clearly deserved it, then none of this would have happened. You women are to blame.  :mad: [tinfoil]

And plus 3 on the fritters. Apple is a much under-utilized flavor. Probably also the women's fault.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 04:55:28 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2014, 04:40:50 PM »
And plus 3 on the fritters. Apple is a much under-utilized flavor.

True, apple is great.  But considering the topic, I believe cherry is in order.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2014, 05:05:12 PM »
True, apple is great.  But considering the topic, I believe cherry is in order.

That's just wrong.

:rofl:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2014, 05:49:06 PM »
*bows*   :lol:
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2014, 06:54:02 PM »
What was the word coined in that recent case of a different poor little rich kid who always got what he wanted? Oh yeah -- "affluenza."

This little [expletive deleted] is the flip side of that. He seems to think he had a right entitled to get laid. I'm sure it never occurred to him that women weren't throwing themselves at him because he was weird.

FIFY
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2014, 07:23:57 PM »
Well, gun control talk has started. The White House press release was on "the horrific shooting". No mention of stabbings. Story said Obama was briefed by the assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism. Not who I would have pegged as the briefing authority for something like this.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/25/authorities-detail-moments-terror-in-california-shooting-rampage/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2014, 08:18:49 PM »
Well, gun control talk has started. The White House press release was on "the horrific shooting". No mention of stabbings. Story said Obama was briefed by the assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism. Not who I would have pegged as the briefing authority for something like this.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/25/authorities-detail-moments-terror-in-california-shooting-rampage/

It would seem to fit the definition of terrorism: attacking civilian targets, with an ideological motive. I guess they finally have their war on women.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2014, 08:49:14 PM »
I'm with Millcreek and Rooster (well, that's odd)

Menage a' geek?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2014, 09:01:46 PM »

If they couldn't carry it on the backs of a bunch of dead kids this ain't gonna work either.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2014, 09:11:28 PM »
If they couldn't carry it on the backs of a bunch of dead kids this ain't gonna work either.

Nationally, probably not. I expect more state restrictions.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

birdman

• friend
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2014, 09:22:08 PM »

Counterterrorism?

So self involved wack job stabs and shoots 6 people, and its a job for counterterrorism,
But a guy shoots a bunch of people and yells Alahu Akbar and its workplace violence.

Yeah.  That makes sense.
F this administration.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2014, 10:08:29 PM »
Counterterrorism?

So self involved wack job stabs and shoots 6 people, and its a job for counterterrorism,
But a guy shoots a bunch of people and yells Alahu Akbar and its workplace violence.

Yeah.  That makes sense.
F this administration.

Thank you.

My sentiments exactly.

Fits right in with the recent school murder (stabbing) in Connecticut, that was promptly reclassified as "interpersonal" violence (even though the perpetrator and the victim had never been in a relationship other than as classmates) rather than "school" violence despite the facts that it was violence between two high school classmates that occurred in a school building during school hours.

It's all in the spin.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2014, 12:13:10 AM »
But how was this not terrorism? The guy clearly spelled out how he was going to target random individuals from a certain group, based on his cockamamie agenda. Sounds textbook to me.  ???

Agreed on the Hasan Ft. Hood shooting, of course.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2014, 12:39:26 AM »

In a parallel universe where there was a lot less gun control,  the murderous little punk would have been mozambiqued before there was a second victim. Direct a movie using that concept :mad:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2014, 03:48:44 AM »
But how was this not terrorism? The guy clearly spelled out how he was going to target random individuals from a certain group, based on his cockamamie agenda. Sounds textbook to me.  ???

Agreed on the Hasan Ft. Hood shooting, of course.

IMHO it should not be classed as terrorism because the intent was to kill people, but not for any political or religious reason and -- more importantly -- not for the purpose of instilling fear into a larger population. Think back to the "beltway sniper" in Washington several years ago. Those two guys had the entire city of Washington, DC, and the surrounding cities of Virginia and Maryland paralyzed with fear ("terror") for weeks. And that was their plan. They weren't interested in a body count per se. They just killed to ensure that everybody would be afraid they might be next.

That's what terrorism is.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2014, 06:52:25 AM »
Thank you.

My sentiments exactly.

Fits right in with the recent school murder (stabbing) in Connecticut, that was promptly reclassified as "interpersonal" violence (even though the perpetrator and the victim had never been in a relationship other than as classmates) rather than "school" violence despite the facts that it was violence between two high school classmates that occurred in a school building during school hours.

It's all in the spin.

This administration spins so hard they make a front loading washing machine look like an old fashioned wringing washing machine.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2014, 11:36:42 AM »
Nationally, probably not. I expect more state restrictions.
Can we ban California altogether?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2014, 12:26:45 PM »
Can we ban California altogether?

Without any outside intervention, I think the state is on its way to banning itself.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2014, 07:28:39 AM »
IMHO it should not be classed as terrorism because the intent was to kill people, but not for any political or religious reason and -- more importantly -- not for the purpose of instilling fear into a larger population.

He had written a bunch of stuff about killing nearly all of the women in the world, ushering in a utopia of happiness and brotherhood. (A few women would be kept alive, just to continue the species.) It's real gun-is-good, lady-parts-are-evil stuff. So there's a political agenda right there.

Also, I think it's rather hard to argue that he wasn't intending to instill fear in young women.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2014, 09:05:27 AM »
What drugs were involved?

(One must ask, after all.)

Not enough, sadly.

MDA and Bloomie are calling for the heads of the NRA, of course. Despite the fact that half of the victims (those who died, I mean) were STABBED to death, and another was RUN OVER by the kid using the shiny new BMW Mommy and Daddy bought him. TWO of the six victims were shot and killed (and, to be fair, seven others were shot but not killed). And sociopath kid came from a devoutly-left and "staunchly anti-gun" family. And still this happened.

In the victim-disarmament paradise of SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, in complete accordance with the EXACT LAWS that MDA, etc., would like to see inflicted upon the rest of the nation, over the course of a 90+ day period.

It didn't work there, so OF COURSE it makes sense to inflict it on even MORE people! :facepalm:

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2014, 12:06:24 PM »
I keeping hearing that one victim was killed with the vehicle, but news stories I've read are saying 3 stabbed, 3 shot to death. ???

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2014, 12:56:20 PM »
I keeping hearing that one victim was killed with the vehicle, but news stories I've read are saying 3 stabbed, 3 shot to death. ???

That is all I can find as well: http://www.independent.com/news/2014/may/24/disturbing-details-released-isla-vista-massacre/

3 men were stabbed to death in the killer's apartment.
2 women and 1 man were shot to death.
13 others were injured: 8 by bullets and 4 by vehicle and one unknown.

He used a SIG P226 and a Glock 34 "Long Slide".  He had possession of 34 loaded 10 round magazines for the P226 and 7 loaded 10 round magazines for the Glock 34.

Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.