Author Topic: Police Officer beats up town council man  (Read 7519 times)

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
Re: Police Officer beats up town council man
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2007, 09:51:15 AM »
"It was a public Q&A"

So? That gives one individual the God-given, inherent, natural right to monopolize the forum at the expense of everyone else attending the "public Q&A"?

I did not suggest that he had the right to monopolize the forum, but responded to the notion that he crashed the event.  How does that come across as my assertion of an absolute right?  Having attended events with Q&A's, there seem to be a fair number of people that like to make statements.  I agree that there needs to be some rules and guidelines.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2007, 10:04:13 AM »
As far as the college student, stories are coming out today that he planned disruption and the videotaper was working with him. He apparently has a history of doing this stuff and puts some of it on his web page.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 10:05:58 AM »
"How does that come across as my assertion of an absolute right?"

It doesn't.

I got on a roll.  grin
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2007, 11:21:12 AM »
I'm sorry, did you somehow see my statements as a blanked endorsement of police activities in this event?

Which I've yet to see video of?

What possibly led you to that conclusion?
http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/9814706.html#
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2007, 11:33:39 AM »
I watched the video of Snyder being walked out the meeting several times. Both his hands are full as he leaves the room. In the reflection from the hallway you can see his head smacking the glass doors. Hard to say if he took a swing at the LEO but I am inclined to say he did not based on what was seen.

Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2007, 02:28:04 PM »
Regarding tasers:

Good thing they can't be used over the innertube to your keyboard.  Mike would be so busy he'd not find time to work.   laugh laugh

In the old days of LE, we were taught how to use "come-along" holds.  They were easy to use, conveyed an amount of pain that encouraged one to "come along", hence the name.  Usually worked pretty good.  Perp is on his/her tiptoes racing to the exit, with no backtalk other than ow ow ow ow ow ow ow.

All this modern stuff makes cops lazy and prone to use the technology which offends the bystanders.  Come-alongs removed the problem from the scene fairly rapidly without any sizzle or blood.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2007, 06:10:15 PM »
Come-alongs removed the problem from the scene fairly rapidly without any sizzle or blood.

Ya gotta have the sizzle and blood.  Hey, that sounds like a good slogan for a steak restaurant. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

jeepmor

• friend
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2007, 12:06:47 AM »
He didn't get shot, what's he whining about.

I have some liberal friends like this, maybe I should take them to a Bush type event and take my camera.  I'd post pics here, really, I would.

Just the other day at my wife's baby shower he started in....and his wife went....ah jeez, not this ***t again.   grin  I really like her.  At least he listens to her. undecided
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

"Oh, so now you're saying they don't have a right to whine about their First Amendment rights?  Fascist."  -fistul

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2007, 02:10:52 AM »
Should have just tazed the guy.   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife