Author Topic: Senate, house?  (Read 3421 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Senate, house?
« on: November 07, 2012, 09:12:03 AM »
How did the senate and house races go down?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Senate, house?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 09:18:22 AM »
Republicans hold the house (lose 2 seats). Democrats pick up 2 seats in the Senate.

Makes no sense.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 09:20:34 AM »
Republicans hold the house (lose 2 seats). Democrats pick up 2 seats in the Senate.

Makes no sense.

Sure it does. The American people are retarded.
I just read a quote from Harry Reid that the American people "rejected obstructionisim".  Um, the Senate has been refusing to vote on pretty much every bill from the house. 
 :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 09:21:16 AM »
I kind of wish the R's would have lost the House also.

The next two if not four years will the MSM and Dems scapegoating the House for all that is wrong in the country.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 09:24:53 AM »
Sure it does. The American people are retarded.
I just read a quote from Harry Reid that the American people "rejected obstructionisim".  Um, the Senate has been refusing to vote on pretty much every bill from the house. 
 :facepalm:

Just for kicks last month I read Animal Farm and 1984. The techniques for controlling the masses have been known for ages. Orwell did a brilliant job of showing us how those techniques would be used in a more modern setting.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 09:31:38 AM »

Makes no sense.

Wait, what? When I went to bed last night, the newz was showing Republican gains in the House. The looters really are winning. Where do I go to turn in the keys to my house and car for redistribution?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 09:33:04 AM »
Google has a good page for the results. 

http://www.google.com/elections/ed/us/results

Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 09:35:26 AM »
I might actually email all the R's in the house encouraging them to roll over and give Obama and the Dems all they ask.

Lets get this party started.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 09:46:24 AM »
New republican up and coming favorite here (Mia Love) failed to unseat the incumbent democrat congressman (Jim Matheson). The longterm incumbent Senator Hatch retained his seat, I was greatly displeased Hatch didn't lose the primaries. As to Matheson, he's at least a DINO, so mostly votes conservatively except when he lets Pelosi bully him into something.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 10:04:50 AM »
Wait, what? When I went to bed last night, the newz was showing Republican gains in the House. The looters really are winning. Where do I go to turn in the keys to my house and car for redistribution?

Republicans also now hold 30 governorships. I'm just confused, the message from last night was bad and muddled.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 10:05:59 AM »
New republican up and coming favorite here (Mia Love) failed to unseat the incumbent democrat congressman (Jim Matheson). The longterm incumbent Senator Hatch retained his seat, I was greatly displeased Hatch didn't lose the primaries. As to Matheson, he's at least a DINO, so mostly votes conservatively except when he lets Pelosi bully him into something.

When I lived in Utah is when they tried to redistrict Matheson out of office.  Only D I've ever seen run commercials bragging about how much he voted with Bush!
JD

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 10:09:35 AM »
When I lived in Utah is when they tried to redistrict Matheson out of office.  Only D I've ever seen run commercials bragging about how much he voted with Bush!

They just tried to gerrymander redistrict him out of office again this year. Didn't work this time either. Yeah, the commercials were similar this year. Lots of republican endorsements, etc. Surprised he makes it through the democratic primaries.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 10:40:32 AM »
There are two countries.  Old news, huh?  Let's face what that really means. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 10:59:33 AM »
There are two countries.  Old news, huh?  Let's face what that really means. 

Enlighten us, oh wise one!  In plain language with less parable, please, for I am but a simpleton!
JD

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 11:05:47 AM »
No, you're not, JJ.  There are those who believe we "adapt" to the New Normal, and those who think we withdraw from it.  Those are our options.  The New Normal was orchestrated since the '60s and it is now playing at full volume.  There is no way to honorably adapt to it without losing what is left of our liberty as a people.  If that's wisdom, take it for free and run with it.  I have talked for years on this forum about the momentum of "demographics and culture."  You saw that in full Monty last night. 
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 11:07:02 AM »
English please.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 11:08:15 AM »
Enlighten us, oh wise one!  In plain language with less parable, please, for I am but a simpleton!

No parables.  We cannot co-exist with the Hard Left.  Not if we want to be free.  Some will fight, some will demand a divorce, some will emigrate, some will go underground, some will "convert."

I'm sure you can add more options.  And I'm also sure that despite your japes you actually agree with me.

What came last night just came a little earlier than some of us thought, but we needed a hard shock and we got it.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 11:15:16 AM »
Yeah, but how compelling is the story of a black, female Mormon as a part of the Black Caucus?

Damnit.  She was a sure winner, I thought.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 11:16:11 AM »
Parables? English?  

You do understand me.  I know you do.  Those of us who want liberty need to form a nation that believes in it.  We had one and we lost it.  Face facts.  I realize the gravity and magnitude of this, but it is what it is.  The rest is rationalization and escapism.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 11:26:24 AM »
No parables.  We cannot co-exist with the Hard Left.  Not if we want to be free.  Some will fight, some will demand a divorce, some will emigrate, some will go underground, some will "convert."
I'm sure you can add more options.  And I'm also sure that despite your japes you actually agree with me.

What came last night just came a little earlier than some of us thought, but we needed a hard shock and we got it.

Thats all I was looking for. 

Don't consider this an attack:
I'd sure like to see specifics on how you think those things will come about. 
JD

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 11:32:09 AM »
I might actually email all the R's in the house encouraging them to roll over and give Obama and the Dems all they ask.

Lets get this party started.

i'm to the point where i really don't give a #$%^, as long as we balance the budget.  big chunks being taken from earnings is a great deterent for the next election.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 12:43:02 PM »
i'm to the point where i really don't give a #$%^, as long as we balance the budget.  big chunks being taken from earnings is a great deterent for the next election.
Letting them have their way with taxes so that they can fail miserably might be interesting. Because there is no way it would work, there simply is no long enough of others people money with the economy this far in the shitter and these spending levels.

Though, it might have minimal effect. The people that kept the narcissist in chief in the white house last night, by and large, aren't the ones that would feel the effects of this. They'd just be on the other end with their free crap in jeopardy.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 01:22:36 PM »
With almost 90 percent of the 435 House races called by The Associated Press, Republicans had won 224 seats and were leading in 15 more. For a majority in the chamber, a party must control 218 seats. Democrats had won 170 seats and were leading in 25 others.

It appeared likely that the two parties' margins in the new Congress would closely resemble the current tally. Republicans control the chamber by 240 to 190, plus five vacancies: two seats once controlled by the GOP and three by Democrats. Early this morning, it remained in doubt whether either party would ultimately have a net gain.
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/11/election_news_republicans_keep.html
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 01:34:39 PM »
At the beginning of the night, Republicans needed a net pick-up of at least four seats to turn a 53-47 deficit in the upper chamber of Congress into a majority of 51 seats or more.

As of the latest posting of this article, however, the tally actually reflects a net swing of 2 votes in the Democrats’ favor with only a few close races yet to be decided.

Among the 33 seats contested, 21 have been held by Democrats, 10 by Republicans and 2 by independents who typically caucused with the Democrats.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/control-of-senate-on-pins-and-needles/
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 01:40:38 PM »
So, in reality, we're in the exact same position as we were before.  Gridlock is our friend for at least 2 more years.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.