Main Forums > The Roundtable

Bike Dilemma

(1/4) > >>

...has left the building.:
Alright TAPS, I'm thinking long and hard about which bike I want as my first. I'm now debating whether or not I want a cruiser or a sportbike. I love racing cars and driving fast but I have absolutely no desire to go fast on a bike. I like both styles of bike but is there one that is easier to learn on? I guess what I'm looking for is to hear what each person thinks are the pros and cons of each type.

If I do go cruiser, I have my heart set on the Suzuki Boulevard M50, anyone know anything about this model?

InfidelSerf:
Well my heart has always and will forever belong to Ducati
My baby..

Jamisjockey:
Road.

TarpleyG:
Don't know what your terrain is like but another consideration is an enduro.  Honda used to make a 600-700 cc with plenty of umph and it was comfortable.  If you could afford, best bet is a BMW if you go this route.

If you are against that idea, I'd get something you can ride for hours without fatigue.  Cafe racers stink.  I owned a couple of them so I know.  Yeah, they turn heads and are fast but everybody has one now.  (When I had my first, it was the only one on the road--'89 ZX7 with the green, blue, and white paint.  No one had seen anything quite that flashy then.  Closest they came was the old standby black Ninja.)  I'm partial to Harley's now, just need to get one.

Greg

Dannyboy:
veloce, if that's your bike I am soooo jealous.  The 851 is my all time dream bike.  It has to be the best looking bike ever made.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version