Author Topic: Maybe there's hope for Nevada  (Read 1948 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Maybe there's hope for Nevada
« on: July 14, 2010, 11:13:12 AM »
http://www.lvrj.com/blogs/smith/Charlotte_zings_Reid_from_beyond_the_grave.html

Snippet:

Her obituary, printed in Tuesday’s Review-Journal, reads in part, “We believe that Mom would say she was mortified to have taken a large role in the election of Harry Reid to U.S. Congress. Let the record show Charlotte was displeased with his work. Please, in lieu of flowers, vote for another more worthy candidate.

Full Obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lvrj/obituary.aspx?n=charlotte-mccourt&pid=144062233

CHARLOTTE MCCOURT Charlotte M. Tidwell McCourt, 84, of Pahrump, passed away July 8, 2010, after a long illness. She was born Dec. 25, 1925, in Wellington, Utah, and was a 40-year resident of Nevada. Charlotte held a zest for life and loved serving her family of five children; 20 grandchildren; and 65 great-grandchildren. She had been the wife of Patrick L. McCourt for 67 happy years. Active in her community, she assisted in many political figures' campaign efforts. As an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Charlotte served as a leader in the Relief Society for over 20 years. She and her beloved husband also served a full-time mission in the Cabanatuan Mission in the Phillipines. Charlotte is survived by her husband, Patrick; children, Pat and Nellie McCourt, Dan and Lanny Shea, Bill and Marsha Sortor, David and Sherry d'Hulst, and Tom and Ann McMullin; and many grandchildren. A memorial service was held Saturday, July 10, at the LDS Chapel, 921 E. Wilson, in Pahrump. We believe that Mom would say she was mortified to have taken a large role in the election of Harry Reid to U.S. Congress. Let the record show Charlotte was displeased with his work. Please, in lieu of flowers, vote for another more worthy candidate.

Sounds like hope and change to me!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Maybe there's hope for Nevada
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 03:58:37 PM »
Ah. the Las Vegas Review Journal. Reliable as always in its revolutionary zeal.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 05:20:34 PM »
While I'm always skeptical of the liberal media Harry did fire the opening salvo in a battle of words against an opponent that buys their ink by the barrel.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Racehorse

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 06:35:36 PM »
Ah. the Las Vegas Review Journal. Reliable as always in its revolutionary zeal.

Wait, are you questioning the reliability of an obituary? I don't get it.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 08:13:09 PM »
Wait, are you questioning the reliability of an obituary? I don't get it.

No. Merely pointing out the LVRJ is famous for publishing a variety of very right-wing opinions. I'm not sure a more liberal paper would have agreed to run this.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 10:32:34 PM »
While I'm always skeptical of the liberal media Harry did fire the opening salvo in a battle of words against an opponent that buys their ink by the barrel.
he started a war against the FPN? crap gotta go load the pens!!! >:D