Author Topic: What hell? I just got a breaking news alert that a Congressman has been shot?  (Read 31754 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Holy crap! It's true.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/14/virginia-gop-baseball-practice-shooting-multiple-people-shot.html

Not much on it right now.

Preliminary reports on the radio said 5 shot. I'm, of course, highlighting the preliminary part of those reports as the numbers are never correct.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Very little info at this point.  But I'm thinking he was targeted, cause that would be one hell of a coincidence.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Yep, 5 shot, 50 rounds fired.

Supposedly had a rifle.

If the guy had a rifle, my thoughts are that it was a targeted incident.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• friend
In Alexandria at that.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
It was at a Republican baseball team practice.

This is political.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
It was at a Republican baseball team practice.

This is political.

For now I'm going with probably political. I can withhold judgement for a couple hours while the name of the shooter comes out.

(To be swiftly swept under the rug if it does, as is likely, turn out to be some nutso leftist trying to "SAVE THE PLANET! OBAMACARE! MAH ABORTION RIGHTS AS A TRANSGENDER OTHERKIN!")

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Rep. Brooks, who was also underfire and was being interviewed by CNN, said the shooter appeared to be a middle-aged white guy with a rifle.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
Very little info at this point.  But I'm thinking he was targeted, cause that would be one hell of a coincidence.

Just heard it reported that as the shooter approached the field he asked whether the Republicans or the Democrats were practicing at the time.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Jamisjockey

• friend
Sources are reporting he asked if it was republicans or democrats practicing too.

I'm putting my money on liberal, especially since the body count is so low, as morbid as that sounds.  Probably his first time firing the rifle.  He also apparently had enough knowledge to know where they practiced, and since he had a rifle with him this was absolutely premeditated (duh captain obvious)
JD

RoadKingLarry

• friends
 :facepalm: :facepalm:
I really hope no one but the shooter dies her but OMFG the quotes in the story I just read are stupefying.

""The gun was a semiautomatic," Brooks said. "It continued to fire at different people. You can imagine, all the people on the field scatter.""

No you simpleminded furktard, the shooter continued to fire, the gun didn't do a damn thing by itself.

ETA: Just when I was starting to hope for a return to some sort of normalcy for .22 RF ammunition, crap.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jamisjockey

• friend
Two of the victims were capital police who apparently fought back and took the gunman down.
JD

RoadKingLarry

• friends
I wonder if they will name a warship after him?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Rifle has been "identified" as an AR-15 'cause "that's what it sounded like"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/14/virginia-gop-baseball-practice-shooting-multiple-people-shot.html

Queue up the new assault rifle ban brought to you by the RINOs.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
"""The gun was a semiautomatic," Brooks said. "It continued to fire at different people. You can imagine, all the people on the field scatter.""

Brooks is a gun guy, and he was also just being shot at.

A little slack is in order.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Rep. Brooks, who was also underfire and was being interviewed by CNN, said the shooter appeared to be a middle-aged white guy with a rifle.

Maybe this is what happens when you keep telling lies about the Republican Party being a Russian occupation force. Wolverines, etc.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Rifle has been "identified" as an AR-15 'cause "that's what it sounded like"

Queue up the new assault rifle ban brought to you by the RINOs.

I see no mention of an AR-15 in the write up that you linked.

But that's not surprising given that they're updating the story almost every minute.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
How long until we hear that it's nothing but a false flag operation of some sort and some such to do something for someone who might want an unspecified whatever.

RoadKingLarry

• friends

I see no mention of an AR-15 in the write up that you linked.

But that's not surprising given that they're updating the story almost every minute.

It was in the audio/video, interview statement from Rand Paul.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
If we get that "Is it Democrats or Republicans practicing?" statement confirmed, that's a pretty huge indictment of the left.

If true, he didn't care WHAT Republican he killed. He just wanted to kill Republicans.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
"If we get that "Is it Democrats or Republicans practicing?" statement confirmed, that's a pretty huge indictment of the left."

That's the false flag portion of the event!

The guy is actually one of Trump's love chillrun and was hired to smear the peace loving Antifas.

grampster

• friend
^^^^^^If the above is accurate it is spooky as Rush Limbaugh yesterday stated we might have something like this happen after the left supported the severed head thing by a 4th rate comic and then a play assassinating the president along with all the violence and rioting by leftists.  Rush said it wouldn't be a stretch for some nutcase to escalate things due to how the left is behaving.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
The shooter is just as likely to be a Republican/conservative/right winger fed up with the BS of the Republican party.  Not that political affiliations matter.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
The shooter is just as likely to be a Republican/conservative/right winger fed up with the BS of the Republican party.  Not that political affiliations matter.

Not really. The Left, at least in America's recent history, has been much more prone to this sort of thing than the right has been.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The shooter is just as likely to be a Republican/conservative/right winger fed up with the BS of the Republican party.

Is it bad/too soon for me to hope that's not the case? My initial thoughts are in line with Grampster's.

"Comic" beheadings, applauding absolutely political assassination plays, what I heard this morning about some TV show now bleeping "Trump" the same way the bleep cuss words, applauding antifas who attack innocent people... the list goes on. Within a very compressed period of time, Trump, republicans, and anyone who supports them or even doesn't speak out against them are dehumanized and treated as enemies. People like Hillary Clinton and dem leadership continually and slyly supporting these things with their "continue resisting!" statements only egg people on and enable the nutjobs.

We've already talked here about a lot of the far left creating their "resistance armies" and all of a sudden deciding it would be good to acquire some of the guns that they otherwise hate. In some ways, I'm surprised that the acceptance and encouragement of violence from the left over the last few months hasn't spurred something like this before now as "acceptable resistance". It's still too early to know if this was a "resistor", but recent history and my gut lean in that direction.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."