Author Topic: ABC News Upgrades "Clarification"  (Read 1000 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
ABC News Upgrades "Clarification"
« on: December 02, 2017, 07:41:20 PM »
The stock market tanked when this fake news hit, and the "clarification" didn't show up until well after the falsehood was spread far and wide. In fact more people probably still see the fake story versus the correction.

While the market recovered quickly, I bet a lot of people lost money in a panic sell. It would be interesting to research if you could make a viable civil case against ABC in the "can't yell 'fire' in a crowded theater" sense, that the liberals like to use so much for arguments.

This is the kind of fake news that absolutely infuriates me, because it spreads like wildfire, and especially spreads when the MSM does it versus a blogger or whatever. Then the correction only gets 5% the coverage that the lie got.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/12/02/abc-news-upgrades-clarification-to-serious-error-suspends-brian-ross/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
Re: ABC News Upgrades "Clarification"
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 08:14:40 PM »
How much you wanna bet that Ross was just a scapegoat.  Talking heads just spout what they're given aren't they?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 08:15:47 PM »
How much you wanna bet that Ross was just a scapegoat.  Talking heads just spout what they're given aren't they?

Though from what I read, he's also the one that falsely stated that the guy who shot up the movie theater in Colorado was with the Tea Party.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 08:33:44 PM »
Is it too tinfoil-hatty to think that maybe they decided Trump needed a reminder of the power of the media in the form of making the Dow stumble?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 10:13:26 AM »
Heh. Trump must read APS. I saw that he tweeted this morning with the same half in jest comment as me regarding suing ABC.  :laugh:

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 07:00:03 PM »
Heh. Trump must read APS. I saw that he tweeted this morning with the same half in jest comment as me regarding suing ABC.  :laugh:

Just in case he does:

Hey, Donald!  Get the Hearing Protection Act moving, please.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?