Author Topic: ACORN is dead! Long live ACORN!  (Read 2191 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
ACORN is dead! Long live ACORN!
« on: February 22, 2010, 03:56:55 PM »
ACORN = NYCC

http://biggovernment.com/mvadum/2010/02/22/acorn-crime-family-renames-new-york-chapter/

ACORN Crime Family Shutting Down Nationwide: Launching Renaming Effort
by Matthew Vadum

ACORN is attempting to perpetrate yet another spectacular fraud on the American people in order to keep tax dollars and foundation grants flowing into its coffers.

With the fallout from the hidden camera videos last fall, congressional funding of ACORN’s election fraud and racketeering business is no longer guaranteed, so ACORN is trying to pass off various state chapters as ”new” groups

acorn_logo_NYCCAs part of the radical group’s fraudulent rebranding scheme, ACORN has renamed its New York chapter New York Communities for Change. Unlike on the West coast where ACORN is at least pretending its renamed California chapter (Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment or ACCE) is not part of the ACORN network, New York Communities for Change shares the same Nevins Street address as ACORN’s Brooklyn office.

A March 4 fundraiser for New York Communities for Change is being hosted by Debra Cooper.

Meanwhile, the Massachusetts branch of ACORN has been renamed New England United for Justice.

More state-level name changes are expected soon while the basic structure of ACORN, which is controlled from the top using interlocking directorates, remains essentially intact.

The ACORN network’s interlocking directorates are deliberately organized to help ACORN escape legal and public scrutiny. “ACORN hides behind a paper wall of nonprofit corporate protections to conceal a criminal conspiracy on the part of its directors, to launder federal money in order to pursue a partisan political agenda and to manipulate the American electorate,” according to a report from the Republican investigators of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Under indictment in Nevada for election law violations, ACORN feels it can do all this in the light of day because the Obama administration and the Democratic-controlled Congress have no interest in a real investigation of its criminal activities.

These improprieties include but are in no way limited to:

*a nearly $1 million embezzlement by the founder’s brother that was covered up for eight years while the brother (Dale Rathke) remained on the ACORN payroll

*misuse of pension funds

*commingling of public funds

*illegal loan from ERISA-covered pension fund

*failure to pay excise tax on illegal loan

*use of public funds on partisan activities

*money laundering

ACORN doesn’t care about the growing mountain of credible allegations against it because ACORN thinks it is politically untouchable.

FYI...

Keep your ears peeled for new groups.

I expect them to spin off into a couple dozen newly named groups, rather than a giant ACORN-like organization with 1 name to track.  Make it harder to spot the graft, or derive accountability or damage to related groups.

The KKK did this in the early 20th century:  Disbanded the national org in the face of law suits that would have decimated it, then re-corporated as state and county level groups across the country.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
Re: ACORN is dead! Long live ACORN!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 11:29:42 AM »
Communities that need to be "organized" are dysfunctional to begin with.  You don't organize failure.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 11:31:49 AM »
Communities that need to be "organized" are dysfunctional to begin with.  You don't organize failure.

But you do need organized corruption.   =D
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Buzzcook

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 02:33:11 AM »
http://welcomebacktopottersville.blogspot.com/2010/02/acorn-and-yoo.html

Now that we know that the whole Jimmy O'keefe pimp story was a lie that FOX news aided and abetted, I wonder why we're not seeing any apologies from republicans for voting to strip Acorn's government contracts because of it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-boehlert/will-breitbart-okeefe-and_b_473374.html

I guess it's for the best, poor people shouldn't vote anyway. /sarcasm

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 08:49:31 AM »
It's going to be tough sledding for you here, if your sources are blogs and huffpo........ [popcorn]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:11:34 AM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 10:08:26 AM »

I guess it's for the best, poor apathetic, poorly educated people that make decisions based on emotion rather than logic shouldn't vote anyway. /sarcasm

Fixed that for you.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 10:35:00 AM »
and a few poorly-trained, low-level workers giving bad advice to O'Keefe and Co.

A FEW?! A FEW?!!!
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 10:58:16 AM »
http://welcomebacktopottersville.blogspot.com/2010/02/acorn-and-yoo.html

Now that we know that the whole Jimmy O'keefe pimp story was a lie that FOX news aided and abetted, I wonder why we're not seeing any apologies from republicans for voting to strip Acorn's government contracts because of it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-boehlert/will-breitbart-okeefe-and_b_473374.html

Mickey Mouse, and out of state NFL football teams shouldn't vote, either.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 01:10:09 PM »

Yes, because without ACORN's bussing and instructions on exactly who to vote for, "poor people" are completely incapable of getting their asses to the polls and voting. And it's damned near impossible for dead people to vote without ACORN's help.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 01:13:12 PM »
If you need to have the ballot process explained to you 24 hours before the election because you're incapable of understanding it on your own, don't vote.

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner