Author Topic: Railway propaganda  (Read 1809 times)

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Railway propaganda
« on: June 15, 2005, 10:48:52 AM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

HForrest

Railway propaganda
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 11:25:34 AM »
Straight out of the Soviet Union.

TarpleyG

• friend
Railway propaganda
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 12:31:07 PM »
Doesn't look like any Soviet stuff to me...................Look like it's right here in the good ol' Fatherland.

Greg

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Railway propaganda
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 02:53:11 PM »
TarpleyG: The artistic style is more reminiscent of Soviet propaganda than it is of that used in Nazi Germany, at least the stuff I can find on the 'Net.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

wasrjoe

Railway propaganda
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 03:10:01 PM »
Are they trying to emulate communist/nazi propaganda?
Disenchanted with the Libertarian party and seeking practical ways to promote personal liberty.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Railway propaganda
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 03:15:02 PM »
I think some graphic designer is geting a kick outta making them look like fools right now.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

wasrjoe

Railway propaganda
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 03:44:41 PM »
I think some graphic designer is geting a kick outta making them look like fools right now.
That's what I was thinking. I hope - really really hope - we're right.
Disenchanted with the Libertarian party and seeking practical ways to promote personal liberty.

Railway propaganda
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 04:24:26 PM »
I thought this thread was going to be about why Amtrak is so important that it can't make a profit and needs to be funded by the government some more.

The poster is just scary, in some many ways.

Greg L

Railway propaganda
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 08:46:31 AM »
There was a thread on THR about it.  It's real & it is on Maryland's trains. Sad