Author Topic: A Gift of a Gaffe  (Read 9782 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: A Gift of a Gaffe
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2012, 07:51:53 AM »
Really?!?!  Seriously ?!?!  One misstatement and let's chop off his head?   A write-in/alternate candidate has about a 0% chance of winning.  (See Peter Fitzgerald- Incumbent Senator who got NO support from the Illinos GOP, Jack Ryan - who had his sealed Divorce Records unsealed, Alan Keyes who took Ryan's place on the ballot and the next thing you know we have Senator Obama become president.)

He's apologized.  Let's pick-up our wounded and redouble our efforts to take the senate.

Someone tell my why having Claire McCaskill would be a better choice then Akin?

McCaskill is absolutely terrible. However, I'd prefer we convince Akin to drop out because he is also a terrible person.

The reason I say this is not because of his ignorance and not even because he tried to take the easy way out of the question of murdering babies that are the product of rape. I say this because he is an arrogant, prideful person.

He is convinced that he is the only one that can do his job and is absolutely clinging to his position (as Senatorial candidate) when it would have been far better for his "mission" to have stepped aside and allowed someone else to take over.

He was in the driver seat. I'm sure the leaders of the party would have given him anything he asked for, for example, the rights to pick or at least veto their choice for his successor. That way he could have ensured that someone else acceptable was in his place.

Instead, he cut off all his phones, would not check his email, and refused to listen to any voices other than those telling him to stick it out. That is arrogance. That is hubris.

He says that it is God's will for him to be in the race. Given what I've seen, it is quite possible God wants him in this Senate race, but if so, it is because He is determined to punish this country for our own hubris. ("Hope and change!")
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2012, 05:59:27 PM »
Soooo, has anyone seen any updated polling that shows what voters are thinking overall?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2012, 10:11:30 PM »
Soooo, has anyone seen any updated polling that shows what voters are thinking overall?

Rasmussen showed McCaskill up 48 to 38 at the end of this week.

First that shows how bad this gaffe was as HE was up ten last week. It also shows how bad McCaskill is that even after his ignorance she STILL can't get a majority.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2012, 05:04:06 PM »
This is a senate seat they really need and they want to give it up without a fight.  

No, they want him to step aside in time for them to name a candidate who has a chance of winning. He just ensureed that he doesn't have any chance. The problem is, he's so dumb he doesn't understand that he just committed political Hara Kiri.

Of course, the deadline for him to drop out has passed (I think), and the only way he can resign now is with a court order.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design