Author Topic: LAPD commander removed in probe of rough arrest  (Read 8168 times)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
LAPD commander removed in probe of rough arrest
« on: August 30, 2012, 01:39:16 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/lapd-commander-removed-probe-rough-arrest-054751139.html
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Los Angeles Police Department commanding officer has been removed amid an internal investigation into a videotaped beating in which officers tackled a handcuffed registered nurse to the ground, police Chief Charlie Beck said Wednesday.

Those who constantly ignore their history are condemmed to repeat it...over and over again. Sheesh!

Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: LAPD commander removed in probe of rough arrest
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 01:55:28 PM »
When cellphones are outlawed, only outlaws will have cellphones  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 02:00:18 PM »

Those who constantly ignore their history are condemmed to repeat it...over and over again. Sheesh!

shes done it before?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 02:12:39 PM »
shes done it before?

The article doesn't say.  What does that have to do with being tackled and beaten?
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 02:14:47 PM »
According to c&sd's theory(s), she obviously had it coming.  She should be thankful she wasn't raped!!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 02:15:07 PM »
Well don't feel bad for the cop, I'm sure the Chicago PD will be happy to take him.

She should be thankful she wasn't raped!!
If it were done by a cop would it be legitimate or illegitimate?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 02:21:05 PM »
The second "toss to the ground"  was completely gratuitous and abusive. Se was in cuffs, and about to be placed in the back seat. She probably gave the cop "lip" so he plowed the pavement with her face.. He WANTED to hurt her.

What the hell kind of policing turns a "talking on phone while driving" situation into an MMA demo?

Cops who abuse their position need to be put in prison more often, because the impunity they take for granted seems to leave very little decency in police culture anymore.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 02:31:07 PM »
The second "toss to the ground"  was completely gratuitous and abusive. Se was in cuffs, and about to be placed in the back seat. She probably gave the cop "lip" so he plowed the pavement with her face.. He WANTED to hurt her.

I was thinking that, but the video really doesn't show what she may have done, such as kicking the door, or some other move to warrant the toss to the ground.

In the end, she will get a settlement, the probie cop will be gone and the older one will be retired. Then she will sue them for a violation of her civil rights and win that one.

The real losers of this whole thing will be the taxpayers of Los Angeles.

What the hell kind of policing turns a "talking on phone while driving" situation into an MMA demo?

What kind of person gets out of their car, cursing at the police, over a "use of a cell phone while driving" stop?

bob

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 02:40:29 PM »
The real losers of this whole thing will be the taxpayers of Los Angeles

I used to think in those terms but have come to the realization that the taxpayers of <insert city> have been complacent enough to allow such thugs acts to creep into their law enforcement and should sent the tab for their 'public servants' behaving badly.

Barack Obama

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 02:41:25 PM »
I was thinking that, but the video really doesn't show what she may have done, such as kicking the door, or some other move to warrant the toss to the ground.

In the end, she will get a settlement, the probie cop will be gone and the older one will be retired. Then she will sue them for a violation of her civil rights and win that one.

The real losers of this whole thing will be the taxpayers of Los Angeles.

What kind of person gets out of their car, cursing at the police, over a "use of a cell phone while driving" stop?

bob

She did it for liberty!

How do so many folks f up an act as simple as getting a ticket? Its not hard
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 02:51:53 PM »
So open your piehole and get curbstomped?

Welcome to cs&d's Ameirka !!!!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 03:25:41 PM »
So open your piehole and get curbstomped?

What a lot of people don't seem to comprehend is that the time to open your piehole is in front of the judge. As far as I know, cursing at street level police officers doing their job seldom results in them voiding the ticket.  =|

bob

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 03:26:25 PM »
I used to think in those terms but have come to the realization that the taxpayers of <insert city> have been complacent enough to allow such thugs acts to creep into their law enforcement and should sent the tab for their 'public servants' behaving badly.
Good point - maybe, eventually, voters will come to realize that voting for the wrong people can be expensive.

As for her original offense . . . I don't like people who talk or text on a cell phone while driving. But I absolutely detest laws that prohibit it for us, while explicitly making an exception for police & other government employees; right here in the Austin area there have been several instances of police running people over or causing a collision while they're playing with their in-car computer (same distraction as cell phone use) and . . . nothing much happens.

Can't do much about it, but if I'm ever on a jury where someone is being prosecuted for violating a law that exempts government employees, I'm more likely to hang the jury than convict.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 03:33:53 PM »
<c&sd>

Bitch should have shut up. She's lucky they didn't shoot her. God bless the brave police!

</c&sd>
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 03:37:39 PM »

That works on both sides of the thin blue line....

Barack Obama

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 04:06:39 PM »
She should have just made the sandwich/sammitch.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 04:27:14 PM by Fly320s »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 04:20:01 PM »
Cops who abuse their position need to be put in prison more often, because the impunity they take for granted seems to leave very little decency in police culture anymore.

This. 

Cop buddy of mine can hardly stand to associate with other cops.  He has a select few cop friends who are not drunk pervs, not thugs, and don't try to sleep with other cops' wives.

As far as the OP, my RN wife can hardly get a ticket.  Cops see her scrubs and where she works and give her a warning. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

grampster

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 04:27:24 PM »
In my view, those two so called peace officers should be stuck on a desk for the rest of their careers.  There is no reason why two men VS one woman, no matter what her mouth spewed, or even if she resisted a bit when they first laid hands on her to be as violent with her as was displayed on that video.  I'd like to know what she did to cause them to lay hands on her in the first place.  Because if she did not commit an arrestable offense, and smart mouthing police isn't a crime, they have no business touching her, period.  If a police officer lays hands on you, you are technically and officially under arrest!!   If those two officers can't take a little smart mouth, they should not be on the street.  Their job is to defuse situations and follow the law.

What I saw in the video was disgusting no matter what the circumstance, mainly as there certainly could not have been any reason for doing as they did.

I'm pretty sure most of you know that I was in LE, I respect the job, served well and still hang now and then with guys I worked with, so I think I can make certain comments without being accused of cop bashing.

I'd mock both those guys into going to work as a mall ninja if I was LAPD.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 07:47:40 PM by grampster »
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 05:02:37 PM »
Thank you, Grampster.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 05:07:27 PM »
Grampster= respect!  =D
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Lee

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 06:29:55 PM »
It appears to be a 22 year veteran of LAPD, showing a 10 month rookie just exactly what you could get away with - before everyone started carrying cell phone video cameras.  Or...maybe they thought she was Lindsey Lohan.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 06:39:02 PM »
I am always astounded that the names of the officers is held back.  If what they did was not justified it was assault and regular old citizens get their name put into the public record when they are under investigation for such crimes.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 07:59:48 PM »

A typical American driver.

Where ya been living for the past decade or so?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 09:58:49 PM »
She did it for liberty!

There are a bunch of us that don't have much experience with getting tickets or even stopped for that matter.
My last speeding ticket, or any other moving violation was September 1981. I did get a bogus inspection ticket in '94 but I beat that and got an apology from the court. The other three times I've been pulled over in the last 30+ years , 2 were for burned out lights and the last time was one of the local yokels thought I was stealing my work van.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2012, 11:19:04 PM »
In my view, those two so called peace officers should be stuck on a desk for the rest of their careers arrested and charged with assault, like anyone else would have been.

FTFY.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth