Author Topic: LAPD commander removed in probe of rough arrest  (Read 8172 times)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re: LAPD commander removed in probe of rough arrest
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2012, 06:43:44 AM »
no i was responding to the comment about teaching her a lesson.  she was and likely still is unteachable
Funny, but I do not recall handcuffs and beatings used in HS or college to teach the slower folks.

Must be because it does not work, and that it can be classified as torture.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2012, 10:31:48 AM »
i don't know i can name quite a few folks who were cognizant enough to realize that the bracelets were not an endorsement of their behavior and were able to correct it.  there is a minority that behave like florence. am a smaller minority that need it twice.  lets hope she didn't breed
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2012, 01:56:36 PM »
Someone with a law enforcement background, please educate me:

Under what circumstances would an officer be legally justified in body-slamming a hand-cuffed suspect into the pavement?
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

• friends
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2012, 02:07:52 PM »
if they try to resist or escape taking folks to the ground is sop.  that was a pretty enthusiastic toss.i
anyone find an unedited tape yet?  do folks really think that once cuffed they can resist their way outa getting into the back seat?  shes a real blonde isn't she

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2012, 02:10:16 PM »

Under what circumstances would an officer be legally justified in body-slamming a hand-cuffed suspect into the pavement?

No kidding! Did you catch their fist bump right after that?
I did not see any resisting that rationalized the body slam.
They are guilty of torture and excessive use of force, period.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2012, 09:43:42 PM »

<----- MP Officer.

"That would be none, Alex.   Use of Force for $400. "

There is a Use of Force continuum.  Running your Piehole does NOT fall anywhere on the Use of Force Continuum.  She can say all she wants, things that would make R.Lee Ermey wince, cry, smile with pride, and/or pee his pants.  None of which justifies being hip thrown onto the pavement.  They had her under control in cuffs, and at the back of the car.   Sorry c&sd, it is not the cops job to "educate" her.  That is the refuge of thugs, jackboots, and sociopaths.   And that you don't recognize that is truly sad and pathetic.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2012, 10:11:13 PM »
What Scout said.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

• friends
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2012, 11:07:20 AM »
<----- MP Officer.

"That would be none, Alex.   Use of Force for $400. "

There is a Use of Force continuum.  Running your Piehole does NOT fall anywhere on the Use of Force Continuum.  She can say all she wants, things that would make R.Lee Ermey wince, cry, smile with pride, and/or pee his pants.  None of which justifies being hip thrown onto the pavement.  They had her under control in cuffs, and at the back of the car.   Sorry c&sd, it is not the cops job to "educate" her.  That is the refuge of thugs, jackboots, and sociopaths.   And that you don't recognize that is truly sad and pathetic.

you know she was under control how?
you buck up and struggle they put you down.  in the real world and lack of a y chromosome only buys so much slack. she is indeed allowed to say anything she wants.  can you support your assertion she got slammed for mouthy? bear in mind we have earlier footage of her esisting and getting her first trip to the ground. 

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2012, 12:28:42 PM »
you know she was under control how?
you buck up and struggle they put you down.  in the real world and lack of a y chromosome only buys so much slack. she is indeed allowed to say anything she wants.  can you support your assertion she got slammed for mouthy? bear in mind we have earlier footage of her esisting and getting her first trip to the ground. 

Uhh, they had her in cuffs at the back of the car.  And I did not see any struggle.  If she did, SHE'S AGAINST THE BACK OF THE CAR, IN HANDCUFFS.  If she is struggling you don't throw her in the other direction, you use your body to hold the suspect onto the car.   DUUUUHHHHH.

There is no evidence of her "resisting".  There is evidence of her getting out of the car.   That's not resisting.

This cop is a professional.  Those in LA were not.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82nre2dnQ20
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

• friends
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2012, 12:53:17 PM »
Uhh, they had her in cuffs at the back of the car.  And I did not see any struggle.  If she did, SHE'S AGAINST THE BACK OF THE CAR, IN HANDCUFFS.  If she is struggling you don't throw her in the other direction, you use your body to hold the suspect onto the car.   DUUUUHHHHH.

There is no evidence of her "resisting".  There is evidence of her getting out of the car.   That's not resisting.

re you looking at a tape that i haven't  the one i see was released by her lawyers and has a mysterious edit at the critical moment.  call me cynical
you didn't see any struggle?  you missed her getting cuffed?  we must be watching different tapes

grampster

• friend
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2012, 01:38:33 PM »
I wondered if anyone would find that particular youtube video.  I've laughed at that many times.  The troop is a gem.

One thing I noticed was the youtube censor bleeps the F word but allows the Lord's name to be used as a curse word. 
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2012, 01:57:54 PM »
I love that clip...
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2012, 07:04:15 PM »

Yeah, that had me scratching my head, too.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2012, 07:06:15 PM »
in real life they let you know they are gonna take you to the ground.  in this case for a second time.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2012, 07:25:57 PM »
IIRC, the female in this instance has been described as "petite". Why didn't they just approach it like this police officer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=6fbwg3X8hsU

bob

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2012, 08:24:35 PM »
^^^^ I liked the 'Aaargh, aaargh' on the videotape!  Helpfully closed captioned for your convenience!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2012, 09:11:36 PM »

I bet it has something to do with "Officer Safety". 
"It's good, though..."

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2012, 11:32:43 PM »
Your blood, their safety   [ar15]
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

grampster

• friend
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2012, 09:16:11 AM »
Unfortunately, LE involves violence.  My rabbi, was my dad's best friend and Lt of Detectives, the only one to ever hold that rank before and since.  He provided me with many tips on how to be proactive with respect to self preservation.  He told me that I did not make enough money to lose a confrontation.

Having said that, peace officers are not supposed to be bullies.  This is a gun forum.  What do we believe and teach others with respect to the use of firearms?  Stop the threat.  When the threat is over, no more.  The same applies to LE.  When the threat is over, no more violence.  Can a handcuffed wack job nitwit still be harmful?  Even a handcuffed pissed off woman?  Certainly.  But if one cannot recognize the proper force to stop a threat such as that, one should turn in one's badge and find something else to do.  I don't care what might be missing from that tape.  Two against one handcuffed woman does not require a violent face plant, period!!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2012, 10:21:01 AM »
We say "stop the threat" for legal and political reasons.  It is a correct statement that doesn't scare the public.  I wouldn't want to understate the violence behind that statement.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2012, 10:54:56 AM »
in real life they let you know they are gonna take you to the ground.  in this case for a second time.

Not always.

• friends
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2012, 11:01:19 AM »
true  if you really act up.  if you are just being marginally stupid they let you know in an attempt to dissuade you.  kinda like the stop resisting or i'll taze you. and folks still decide poorly

grampster

• friend
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2012, 01:35:54 PM »
I never arrested anyone who wasn't "deciding poorly".  :lol:

• friends
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2012, 05:11:44 PM »
yea  in all my "encounters" i was only innocent once.  that was hard to deal with . didn't know the rules and procedures for when i didn't do it.  i had to ask for help. the cop who served me laughed her butt off but she was helpful

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2012, 06:45:23 PM »
The words "probe" and "rough arrest" are a little scary in the same sentence  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin