Author Topic: Tag Teaming Trump  (Read 13520 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Tag Teaming Trump
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2016, 01:32:11 PM »
Once we see who Trump surrounds himself with we will see if he is really a nationalist vs your typical internationalist that we've been electing since GHB.

The only real positive I see in Trump is his nationalism.

I think it was AJ who speculated Trump's rhetoric was essentially an NYC Dem's stereotype of what flyover country Republicans want to hear.  He has no govt experience, which is not inheriently a bad thing. But it's a substantial gamble to see if he rides his current rhetoric if he gets elected.

He personally doesn't show much backing for his nationalism in his business decisions. His clothing line is made in China/Vietnam. Like certain companies, he abuses H1B visas like a red headed step child to bring in cheap foreign labor. Not saying that's bad either, but it's certainly not proof that he's inclined to follow his current rhetoric. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2016, 02:07:03 PM »
I will admit that the Cruz/Kaisch deal has soured me on Cruz.  I expected him to stand for his principles, not sell out to the GOPe.   =|

If Trump gets the nomination, I would like it if he named either Cruz or Abbott to the USSC, can some put that bug in the Trump's ear.

I too will be anxious to here who the running mates are, along with the advisers and potential cabinet posts.   Mattis as SecDef or SecState.  Bolton as SecState.  Ron Paul at Treasury.  I know Trump will put Christie as either VP or AttyGen.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 02:12:59 PM »

I too will be anxious to here who the running mates are, along with the advisers and potential cabinet posts.   Mattis as SecDef or SecState.  Bolton as SecState.  Ron Paul at Treasury.  I know Trump will put Christie as either VP or AttyGen chief food taster.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 02:18:57 PM »
News coming down is Cruz is announcing Fiorina as his running mate should he get the nomination.

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2016, 02:25:04 PM »
News coming down is Cruz is announcing Fiorina as his running mate should he get the nomination.

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.

French G called it first!
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=51420.msg1048381#msg1048381
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 02:36:19 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/27/sources-cruz-to-announce-fiorina-as-choice-for-running-mate.html

Wondering if he had announced it a couple of months earlier if it would have swayed enough voters that he would have locked the nomination.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2016, 02:58:46 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/27/sources-cruz-to-announce-fiorina-as-choice-for-running-mate.html

Wondering if he had announced it a couple of months earlier if it would have swayed enough voters that he would have locked the nomination.

I was thinking the same, or at least that it would have gotten him a few more wins. I know a lot of guys here don't like her, but I think she's a good pick specifically for Cruz to offset and temper some of the negatives that the "middle of the road" rights have with him. She's kind of moderation for him without being establishment, while still being fiery over topics like abortion.

I'm thinking too little, too late now though.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2016, 04:45:01 PM »
Carly is unacceptable to me.

I'll not be voting for Cruz if he miraculously wins the nomination.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2016, 05:19:51 PM »

I'll not be voting for Cruz if he miraculously wins the nomination.
Is that a change from a week ago?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2016, 05:29:30 PM »

Why?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2016, 05:35:57 PM »
Is that a change from a week ago?

I've been torn on voting for him, or nobody, or writing in someone.

Neocon foreign policy is really the deal breaker.

It's just so hard to not vote for anyone that's running against Hillary. 

Felt the same way about Obama. 
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2016, 05:53:25 PM »
Does it really make sense to let a veep candidate influence one's vote in any way?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2016, 05:53:41 PM »
Why?

Her foreign policy is very neocon, she worked on the McCain campaign (economic advisor) and she is weak on immigration.

Also, I would like the VP to someone I would be OK with as president.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2016, 05:54:39 PM »
When all the other candidates are overt America-haters or are just waiting to sell America out to their donors, the one guy who merely doesn't hate America shines like a diamond in a goat's ass.

Of course, to grasp that diamond requires putting your hand up a goat's ass...

If you wear a long glove it really isn't all that bad...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2016, 06:30:20 PM »
Trump/Webb

Just to see Charbys head explode  :laugh:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2016, 06:32:41 PM »
Does it really make sense to let a veep candidate influence one's vote in any way?

Well, to the point Ron mentioned, that they could in fact become president.

Also I do think it influences votes in other ways. It potentially can say something about the candidate that they don't project in speeches, etc. For instance, I will change my view on Trump again (more to the negative) if he officially announce Christie as his VP choice. It says something to me about where Trump stands if he chooses the most left leaning, "respect LE authoritay, safety over freedom" guy of all the R contenders for president this round.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2016, 06:37:12 PM »
Trump/Webb

Just to see Charbys head explode  :laugh:
:rofl:

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2016, 06:39:29 PM »
Well, to the point Ron mentioned, that they could in fact become president.

Also I do think it influences votes in other ways. It potentially can say something about the candidate that they don't project in speeches, etc. For instance, I will change my view on Trump again (more to the negative) if he officially announce Christie as his VP choice. It says something to me about where Trump stands if he chooses the most left leaning, "respect LE authoritay, safety over freedom" guy of all the R contenders for president this round.
I guess you mean it confirms a lot of the Trump conspiracies.   

For Cruz at this time, I think the decision is solely what can get him enough delegates to deny a majority to Trump.   VP choices are largely used for that these days.  When I turn on the news, all I see is the news playing clips of Trump talking trash about Cruz.  This gets him some temporary coverage of his own.  Hard to say if it will help or hurt.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2016, 06:41:17 PM »
I was never a big Fiorina fan, but I didn't think she had a great deal of support so I am curious what the Cruz campaign sees in this that helps them. 

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2016, 06:51:57 PM »
I was never a big Fiorina fan, but I didn't think she had a great deal of support so I am curious what the Cruz campaign sees in this that helps them. 

He is gunning for the "You Go Girl!!" vote.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2016, 06:52:57 PM »

As I just heard, he was also looking to shut down the "Trump just won five states" stories which it may have successfully done. 

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2016, 06:53:06 PM »

Ron beat me by a second, but yes, because she has boobs.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2016, 07:11:35 PM »
But she was a business person.  She is not a politician.  That is what Trump supporters have been saying for months about him.   =D     I also heard she ran in California and might help Cruz there.  Who knows.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2016, 07:23:00 PM »
After trumps foreign policy speech john podhoretz wrote, disdainfully, that it could have been a rand paul foreign policy speech.

Are the neocon sorts trying to push me towards trump?  The policy i liked least from cruz was his neocon "bomb the middle east in perpetuity" foreign policy.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2016, 07:42:21 PM »

Sort of, but she's more a shield against waronwomenz charges.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife