Author Topic: Second presidential debate live blog and discussion  (Read 8074 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Second presidential debate live blog and discussion
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2016, 11:12:29 PM »
I read on Fox News that one of the most submitted questions was on the Second Amendment. Yet it was never brought up.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Second presidential debate live blog and discussion
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2016, 11:12:37 PM »

So am I. It helps that I'm 300-some miles upriver.
So.....youre insured?

'
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2016, 11:19:49 PM »
Apparently Trump is already being accused of being "aggressive and stalking" because he chose to stand through most of the debate rather than sit.   ;/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• friend
Re: Re: Second presidential debate live blog and discussion
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2016, 11:26:35 PM »
I read on Fox News that one of the most submitted questions was on the Second Amendment. Yet it was never brought up.
Not surprising.

My favorite part of the debate was listening to field marshall radditch prattle on about strategery and stuff.

Overall trump was much better than the first debate.  Still leaves a lot of beat down on the table that he could use against hillary.  Regarding his own positjve proposals he needs to explain carried interest and why just that alone earns him the white hot wrath of the financial manipulators on wall street.

Oh and as a footnote in passing after discussing important topics like what crude language alpha males use at times, it looks like hillary wants to start a war with russia over syria what with wanting to declare a no fly zone.  To protect "our" rebels.  That would be daesh.  AKA al qeda in syria.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2016, 11:41:06 PM »
Despite having a legal degree and MBA and working in a law firm and healthcare administration for many years, I had never heard the term 'carried interest' before tonight.  I learn something every day.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2016, 12:07:08 AM »
Also, though Trump was taking a beat down early on, I think that (unexpected by the moderators) he ended up with a strong finish on the last question, "Can you say one nice thing about your opponent?". I think the moderators were hoping for one of the expected Trump smart ass name calling attacks.

Hillary went with the backhand of "his children" while Trump praised Clinton's tenacity, even though he disagrees with much of what she's tenacious about. That was the much stronger answer, since it implies confidence and strength of position if you can afford to give your opponent straight up praise.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2016, 12:13:00 AM »
Also, not The Onion:

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2016/10/09/good-lapdoggie-youve-got-to-see-nbc-news-fact-check-of-trump-on-hillarys-email-to-believe-it/

On a tangent, I'm tired of Clinton using "fact check". She must say it 100 times a day, and always tells you to go to her website to see the "fact checks". Because she would never lie to you.  ;/

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2016, 01:17:51 AM »
One:

And-a-Two:
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2016, 07:59:00 AM »
As I was flipping channels, I saw Bob Schieffer lambasting Trump, apparently for having the unmitigated gall of telling Hillary that she'd be facing a criminal investigation she couldn't quash and for bringing in some women who'd been abused by her sicko husband.

No question who most of the news media is behind - they're not even trying to hide it any more.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2016, 08:02:37 AM »
As I was flipping channels, I saw Bob Schieffer lambasting Trump, apparently for having the unmitigated gall of telling Hillary that she'd be facing a criminal investigation she couldn't quash and for bringing in some women who'd been abused by her sicko husband.

No question who most of the news media is behind - they're not even trying to hide it any more.
Hell no. Both debates so far he's had to debate Hillary and the moderators.

At least last night he got in a few jabs telling the moderators to go sit on something and rotate for their obvious bias. The people who will get pissed at him for it wont vote for him anyway. The people who will or might vote for him on it will like the fact he told them to *expletive deleted*ck off for their bias. So why the heck not?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2016, 08:36:33 AM »
When I went to bed last night, the debate poll on Drudge was showing something like 90:10 in favor of Trump. It's now at 60:40. Since I doubt that 40 percent of Drudge readers really think Hillary won the debate, I'll have to guess that the Hillary supporters are out in force to try to skew the polls.

Not that we wouldn't do the same thing ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2016, 11:51:14 AM »
Speaking of polls, I am finding it difficult to find public opinion polls on who "won" the debate on most of the mainstream media sites. Is it just me? I hate to think there may be an agenda by them to not put them up if they believe the public opinion will swing toward Trump.  ;/

I will go look some more but I would believe they would already be up if they were going to be there.

bob

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2016, 12:03:43 PM »
[barf] :facepalm:  Was ANY policy position brought up?  My head is still spinning .... all I remember is trying to watch a couple of two-year-olds throwing a temper tantrum in a sandbox over who gets to play with the shovel .... and who is gonna go to jail if he gets to be prez ..... [barf] :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

zxcvbob

• friend
"It's good, though..."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2016, 12:27:25 PM »

So am I. It helps that I'm 300-some miles upriver.

Don't forget to get a burger from Pete's.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2016, 01:32:18 PM »
Here's an explanation of carried interest: http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefing-book/what-carried-interest-and-how-should-it-be-taxed

On paper it sounds like a fair compensation of the person or firm handling the investment fund. I have no idea how it's being abused, but my guess is that Hillary has promised Wall Street insiders in her speeches that she will preserve carried interest, no matter what she says in public.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2016, 01:45:38 PM »
It looks like carried interest is taxed at a lower rate than normal income, assuming the normal income is in a high bracket.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2016, 02:59:06 PM »
It looks like carried interest is taxed at a lower rate than normal income, assuming the normal income is in a high bracket.

Well, of course. Politicritters like Hillary are fine with eliminating the obvious "loopholes" that might save Joe the Plumber ten bucks on his income tax, but ya gotta preserve the secret loopholes that only benefit the 1 percent.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2016, 03:07:20 PM »
Was there a debate last night?  First of all I didn't watch it and based on all I've seen today it went about the way I would have expected it to had I watched.  Second of all as someone else has pointed out, these are nowhere near meeting the true definition of a debate.  I think if true debate rules were to be followed there isn't a politician alive that could successfully debate.

A retired SGM of mine stated that none of them could brief a COA** to a BN, BDE or higher level staff.

**Course of Action for those that don't do Military speak.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2016, 03:42:40 PM »
[barf] :facepalm:  Was ANY policy position brought up?  My head is still spinning .... all I remember is trying to watch a couple of two-year-olds throwing a temper tantrum in a sandbox over who gets to play with the shovel .... and who is gonna go to jail if he gets to be prez ..... [barf] :facepalm:
I doesn't really matter.  The candidate that gained more votes is the winner, not the one who got in more jabs.  IMO, the media is incapable of judging how voters look at the candidates. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2016, 03:46:29 PM »
I didn't watch the debate.  I haven't watched any of them.  I already know who I am voting for. 

If it was just Trump being grilled by the moderator, I could listen to that.  I can't stand listening to Hillary and how she claims all her past failures for victories. 

I can deal with Trump being President even if he turns out to be more moderate.  I don't care for him, but he has a few characteristics I can respect.  I can't stand the idea of President Hillary.  If you think corruption is bad in D.C. now, just wait until she is president for 4 years.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2016, 04:44:31 PM »
I didn't watch the debate.  I haven't watched any of them.  I already know who I am voting for. 

If it was just Trump being grilled by the moderator, I could listen to that.  I can't stand listening to Hillary and how she claims all her past failures for victories. 

I can deal with Trump being President even if he turns out to be more moderate.  I don't care for him, but he has a few characteristics I can respect.  I can't stand the idea of President Hillary.  If you think corruption is bad in D.C. now, just wait until she is president for 4 years.

It was enjoyable if you either like Trump or despise Hillary.  The first few minutes were tough for Trump, but after that he beat her like a red-headed step child.  No Republican has ever come close to the way Trump speaks to Hillary, giving her all due respect.

As for the immoderators, their sound quality was remarkable given how deep they were in the tank (for Hillary).  I was amused by the blonde moderator going all Field Marshall Rommel with her talk of strategery.  And seeing Anderson Cooper wax indignant over another's distasteful sexual behavior was precious.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2016, 04:48:57 PM »
What pisses me off is Anderson Cooper at one time didn't seem to take sides.  Always was down the middle for the most part....guess stay around garbage long enough you begin to smell like it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2016, 04:56:18 PM »
What never ceases to amaze me is why the GOP agrees to having obviously biased for the libtard side "moderators" for the debates.
I'd love to see a debate moderated by Mark Levin and Neal Boortz.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams