Author Topic: A winter like last year? Two years like the 70s?  (Read 8720 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: A winter like last year? Two years like the 70s?
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 11:38:53 AM »
I've seen some ignorance on both sides of this issue, but it gets tiresome when global warming/climate change advocates go on about it as if it invalidates the entire debate.  Trying to claim that there are people that deny "climate change" is ridiculous as well. Hell, my grandfather once told me he thought weather trends moved in at least 20 year cycles, and that was just his observations after living more than 60 years.  Everyone knows climates shift around.   

The simple fact is that the actual evidence of man-made global warming is weak or non-existent and all the predictions that have been made by scientists and supporters alike have not happened so far.  IMO, it has gotten to the point that most of the researchers are just trying to keep the grant money rolling in and don't care a bit about whether or not it is a real issue. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2010, 11:50:24 AM »
keep the grant money rolling in
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 12:01:53 PM »
Mastodons are vegetarians.

The Kentucky Coffee Tree is guessed to be one of their favorite foods.

http://darwiniana.org/ghostsof.htm
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 12:18:48 PM »

Average annual global temperatures have risen a degree or two since the Little Ice Age ended some 150 years ago

http://conservativeactionalerts.com/blog_post/show/1709

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2010, 03:54:33 PM »
Mastodons are vegetarians.

They won't be when there's large piles of Soylent Green all over the ice.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2010, 04:00:51 PM »
"Children just aren't going to know what snow is," he said.

Ummm, Ian, you may want to look out your window now. =D

This child of the '70s remembers the winters then, running from the short faced bears, riding the wooly rhinos to school and, of course, Mastadon sandwhiches.  Mmmm, Ice Ages.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2010, 04:16:35 PM »
yea  horses hadn't evolved yet?

yeah hard to ride those knee high things
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2010, 10:04:54 AM »
http://www.atomicnerds.com/?p=4192
This was posted in the thread about college degrees.  

For 20 years, evidence about global warming has been directly and explicitly linked to a set of policy responses demanding international governance regimes, large-scale social engineering, and the redistribution of wealth. These are the sort of things that most Democrats welcome, and most Republicans hate. No wonder the Republicans are suspicious of the science.
In the 80's my elementary school weekly readers were full of "save the whales", "save the rain forest", and "global warming".  The lefties have been pushing global warming along with other things for many many years.  They always made very wild claims that often turned out to be completely untrue (if the rain forest destruction rate was what they said it was, it would be gone now).  The issues are not always things to be dismissed out of hand.  I like whales and don't have an issue with banning whale hunting.  However, global warming has been a leftist issue tied to politics for a long, long time pretty much since the idea was invented.  For AGW supporters to claim they are just defending "science" now is just plain dishonest.  IMO, ANY scientific issue that is injected with politics is something to be highly skeptical about.  
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:10:53 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge