Author Topic: Well, I'm now part of the unwashed masses  (Read 8664 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Well, I'm now part of the unwashed masses
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2007, 03:26:14 AM »
Speaking of tupperware.....
I was just in a local gunshop.  Very 'tactical' place, catering to LEO's and wannabes.  But holy scnickes, thier prices on Glocks and Springfields!  I want an XD45.  Badly.  They have them, 4" OD green/black (which would match my kel-tec...very metrosexual!)....$515!  They had the tan furniture with a 'tactical' kit....good light, paddle holster and some other stuff for 650...(house special they called it). 
If I didn't have a fishing trip planned in two weeks....shyte I'd be getting me a new gun!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2007, 05:11:09 AM »
Jamis,

Which gunshop?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2007, 12:07:26 PM »
Finally picked it up, just now on my lunch break.  It hasn't blown my hand off yet Smiley

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2007, 12:14:23 PM »
Jamis,

Which gunshop?

Sorry I didn't notify on this topic.....

It was Quantico Arms in Hoodbridge.  Lots of tac gear, holsters, etc etc.  A full selection of Glocks and XDS.  Only 4 wheelguns.  They are all kinds of tacticool!
 laugh
Not to veer off wildly into "I just had a couple glasses of wine-land", but even though I'm making fun of thier tactical-cool-ness, I liked the shop.  I was immediately greeted in a friendly fashion, shown whatever I wanted, and treated like I was buying a new AR15, when all I bought was a couple boxes of .380HP.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2007, 08:00:24 AM »
I've never been to Quantico Arms. I've heard of it, though.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.