Author Topic: the S is Hing TF in my neighborhood. . .  (Read 3221 times)

nico

• friend
the S is Hing TF in my neighborhood. . .
« on: April 04, 2005, 03:16:55 PM »
. . . and I'm blocked in!
About half an hour ago, my girlfriend was leaving my house and on her way out called to tell me that there were 6 cop cars outside one of the side streets in my neighborhood and that she had just passed a bomb squad truck on the way out.  A few minutes later my mom went to go pick something up at FedEx and there's a cop blocking the street about 300 yards down my street, which has no other outlet.  I'm gonna go find my tinfoil hat and special anti-alien ammo Shocked

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 03:36:47 PM »
What part of Laurel? (I lived there for a while, Red Clay Rd). Keep us updated please.

nico

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 03:39:38 PM »
Montpelier.  They're still there too, but no updates from any of the local tv news stations.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 03:58:49 PM »
OK, grab your SHTF rifle, like an SKS or something.  Run out into the street waving the rifle and yelling you're here to help.  Report back what happens.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

spacemanspiff

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 04:01:23 PM »
dont forget to change into your ninja outfit. they wont know you possess the spirit of the ninja if you run out there in your freakin khakis.

cheesy
Wear a Yellow Armband!

SpookyPistolero

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 04:01:47 PM »
Rabbi, it takes a lot to make me actually laugh from something I read. Congratulations.
"She could not have reached this white serenity except as the sum of all the colors, of all the violence she had known." - The Fountainhead
"Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world"  - Irish Proverb

nico

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 04:29:40 PM »
I don't have an SKS.  Will a 10/22 with buttler and creek mag work?  How about if I crawl onto my roof with my scoped bolt rifle and let them know I'll provide cover fire  Tongue

nico

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 05:10:29 PM »
Somebody on my street had 3 6" pipe bombs in their garage.  The news said a woman and her mother used to live there but the woman recently moved out when the mother died.  Apparently the new owners found them.  Nobody knows how it happened.

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 05:48:20 AM »
Channel 9 this morning reported that they used a water cannon to destroy the pipe bombs. How does that work?
TC
RT Refugee

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 06:27:19 AM »
They probably just tore them apart with the water cannon.  Or, if the bombs contained black powder, the water would destroy it.

LynnMassGuy

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 03:30:27 PM »
What's with all the pipe bombs lately. There were 2 found in a cemetary in Beverly MA (the town I work in) a couple of days ago. Pipe bombs are all the rage lately!

Regards
John

lwsimon

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2005, 03:52:55 PM »
Pipe bombs have always been "all the rage".  They're fairly easy to make using easily obtained materials, and can be as simple or as complex as you care to make them.  I used to make small bombs from pyrodex and 1" PVC when I was in my early teens.  Big boom, could cause a lot of damage if you were wanting to.  Could also make some interesting disfigurement if you aren't careful...

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2005, 04:11:11 PM »
They found some in Lansing, MI last week, under a gas meter.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2005, 05:08:19 PM »
"A well-regulated militia being necessary for defense, the right of the people to keep and bear pipe bombs shall not be abridged."
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.