Author Topic: Nebraska teenager jailed for alleged beating of home invader  (Read 4405 times)

geronimotwo

• friend
Re: Nebraska teenager jailed for alleged beating of home invader
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2007, 05:32:48 AM »
If all the facts are as reported, the guy deserves a good hard slap on the wrist.

which guy?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 05:35:49 AM »
Atkins
D. R. ZINN

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2007, 08:41:52 AM »
They will still need a jury to convict. It seems these days DAs pile up the charges to intimidate the accused into "a deal": "If you admit you are a thieving murderous scumbag, we will graciously excuse your also being a scum-sucking green space-alien from the planet X." Our justice system is perverse.

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2007, 09:48:07 AM »
Clark said the gun has not been found, but police were told it is a revolver.

The absence of the gun makes the guys story a bit fishy.  And there doesn't appear to be an evidence that a police report was filed for the robbery attempt the night of the attempt in question. Since both the robbery suspect and the victim were picked up at later dates.
Something doesn't jive.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2007, 11:22:55 AM »
If all the facts are as reported, the guy deserves a good hard slap on the wrist.

You're getting soft in your old age, you forgot the stern talking to.  grin

This'll be a good one to follow until all the facts come out.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2007, 12:47:29 PM »
At the point where he used the gun to beat the guy, he was illegally possessing a firearm and using it in the commission of a felony.

I wish I was on his jury.... I'd sooooooo acquit in a *expletive deleted*ing nanosecond.

I have no mercy for home invaders, none whatsoever.  Invade a home, and whatever happens to you as a result is just tough.

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2007, 12:48:34 PM »
Let's go out to the graveyard and reanimate some of our forefathers; those real men who carved a nation out of a wilderness.  Let them read about this incident and get their reaction.  My guess is that they would go get the sheriff and ride him out of town on a rail.

...And then they'd probably get some nails, lumber and a length of rope for the invader...
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2007, 02:52:37 PM »
Let's go out to the graveyard and reanimate some of our forefathers; those real men who carved a nation out of a wilderness.  Let them read about this incident and get their reaction.  My guess is that they would go get the sheriff and ride him out of town on a rail.

...And then they'd probably get some nails, lumber and a length of rope for the invader...

Or maybe, just maybe, they'd investigate the situation and act based on laws and evidence, not what is printed in some local newspaper. 

I know, I know, that's just crazy talk.  rolleyes
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Iain

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2007, 03:49:02 PM »

Or maybe, just maybe, they'd investigate the situation and act based on laws and evidence, not what is printed in some local newspaper. 

I know, I know, that's just crazy talk.  rolleyes

Sounds to me like we got a wishy-washy sort, the kind that really extends jury deliberation times. Maybe we need two ropes.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2007, 04:05:10 PM »
I know, I know, that's just crazy talk.

If we always waited until all the evidence was gathered, examined, cross examined and deliberated, we wouldn't have much to talk about. Oh, and O.J. is guilty.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2007, 07:24:46 PM »
So Atkins is being charged with beating a robber using a gun the police can't find. Lovely.

I would like more information, but at the moment I'm thinking "jury nullification."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2007, 05:39:17 AM »
I Oh, and O.J. is guilty.

No doubt about it in my mind, but based on what the jury was shown in that clown circus trial they really didn't have much choice but to find there was reasonable doubt.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln