• friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
COD 4
« on: December 08, 2007, 01:25:58 PM »
Running the installation on my laptop for COD4 right now
 grin
I'll let ya'll know how it plays.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: COD 4
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 01:39:39 PM »
Hope ya got a pretty good laptop. Takes a bit of horsepower to run it.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

member1313

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 01:58:52 PM »
It's a great game, but it definitely needs a good PC. Smiley

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 03:27:50 PM »
I didn't care much for it.  Too much going on, was nuts.  I didn't like the "LOL INFINITE ENEMIES FROM EVERYWHERE CONSTANTLY" style either.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 03:31:30 PM »
Didn't care for the single-player, way too linear. And yeah, the way enemies pop up is annoying.

But the multiplayer is very good once you get into it - you get sucked in by the level progressions, wanting to try that next weapon, etc., leading up to a Barrett .50 rifle and then an MP44 at the highest levels. On a pure gameplay/physics level, I prefer Rainbow Six: Vegas, particularly in single-player mode. But with multi, the advantage goes to COD4.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 03:37:56 PM »
I didn't care much for it.  Too much going on, was nuts.  I didn't like the "LOL INFINITE ENEMIES FROM EVERYWHERE CONSTANTLY" style either.

That was my experience with it. While not much a fan of the highly-scripted interactive-CGI type of game that COD 4 is, I also bought it knowing that's how it is. The infinite enemy thing always grates on me; the level at the ferris wheel kicked my butt (I was playing on Hardened), they just keep coming and coming and starts to not be so fun. Overall, I enjoyed playing the game through; though I don't know that the single player game was worth the $50 i paid. Would definitely be worth picking up from the bargain rack in some months time if you don't have it.

Haven't had a chance to try out the multiplayer much  yet, as I'm still spending most of my gaming time with Team Fortress 2, but I've heard it's pretty good.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 04:09:11 PM »
I haven't even started the single player. Strictly multi so far, on the Deadbone Platoon Hardcore TDM server at 70.86.23.195:28960 or :28961
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 06:21:05 PM »
I find Red Orchestra more fun. Well...not maybe "fun", but "Wow, this is what that war was like".

One bullet can kill you.

No crosshairs, just iron sights on your Mosin or whatever you've gotten hold of.
Did you hit the enemy? Maybe you did, and maybe you didn't.

It's big, alternately noisy and silent, and very tense.

Oh, and the vehicles are pretty cool, too. Nice scope views in the tanks!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 02:34:57 AM »
Well so far its pretty fun.  It is a little laggy on the laptop, I'm going to try playing with the settings before I run it again.  I've been bored lately, as its been raining more or less for 4 days.
 grin
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 06:09:24 AM »
I love CoD 4.  I'm on the highest difficulty now trying to get McMillian out behind the ferris wheel.  I keep getting zapped.

Has anyone found all 30 pieces of intelligence?  What happens when you do?
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 08:45:29 AM »
My favorite part is the AC-130 Gunship. Blowing someone up from a mile away without any chance of them shooting back just gives me that evil smile.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Parker Dean

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 10:28:47 AM »

Yeah, I know what you mean. I babysat a friends dogs over the Thanksgiving weekend and played the single player on his machine all the way through Thanksgiving night. I wasn't going to play the multi and mess up his stats. It became very obvious very quickly that the enemy would just keep coming until you moved into the next section of the map. So I took to charging ahead and letting the NPC's deal with the enemies left over.

The two scenarios I liked best were Death from Above, and to a lesser extent Warpig.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 10:40:07 AM »
I played it on the PS3 and really liked it.  Some of the battles were frustrating, like the one in the TV studio, but I still found the game to be fun, but short. 
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 11:56:00 AM »
I didn't care much for it at first, but found that the more I played the more I like it.

I have it for the XBox 360.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 02:07:53 PM »
My favorite part is the AC-130 Gunship. Blowing someone up from a mile away without any chance of them shooting back just gives me that evil smile.

:-) Yeah that part was a hoot.

I toyed with some of the settings and it runs pretty good now on my laptop.
JD

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 02:09:08 PM »
2000 more points and I get me an M-14.

But it's semi-only in this game, so I don't know if it's worth using over the G-36...
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 03:00:02 PM »
Been meaning to try Red Orchestra.  Reminds me of Infiltration when I read about it.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2007, 03:18:19 PM »
I'll probably give it a whirl after I finish Mass Effect. Kinda burned out on shooters, though.  undecided
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2007, 04:22:22 PM »
I'll probably give it a whirl after I finish Mass Effect. Kinda burned out on shooters, though.  undecided

I'll never burn out on FPS.  I just wish I had a heavy duty machine that ran with absolutely no lag.  maybe next year, but I want a new bike first.
JD

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2007, 04:49:52 PM »
2000 more points and I get me an M-14.

But it's semi-only in this game, so I don't know if it's worth using over the G-36...

Its about equal to the G3. It sounds way better anyway.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2007, 10:31:22 PM »
I'm tempted to buy it, but my addiction for TF2 still reigns supreme right now.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul