Author Topic: As murder rate climbs, Chicago mayor makes ‘values’ appeal  (Read 16406 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
And now the British have excessive gun control.

Great, let's repeal that?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MicroBalrog

• friend
???  What "expanded?"  The police here in America have been armed since waaaaaaaaay before I was born.  Even Andy of Mayberry had a gun. 
I don't care what you're hiding.
Just DON'T let it out of the cage when I'm in the same room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [tinfoil]

English police are not, normally, armed (about 5-10% of them are authorized to be armed, according to the police union there).

As compared to that, having everyone be armed would be expanded police authority.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Great, let's repeal that?

Sounds great.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
English police are not, normally, armed (about 5-10% of them are authorized to be armed, according to the police union there).

As compared to that, having everyone be armed would be expanded police authority.

Arm them with spitballs.  Is that OK?    :facepalm:  I don't care what the ***** Bobbies do.   
The Brits have plenty of problems with lots more than just their semia-armed Bobbies. 
I say leave 'em alone and see how long it takes for the UK to sink into the North Sea.  [popcorn] >:D >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero