Author Topic: Verdict in on the Moussai death penalty phase...  (Read 2727 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Verdict in on the Moussai death penalty phase...
« on: May 03, 2006, 11:25:13 AM »
To be read in just a few minutes, at 4:30 p.m.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 11:40:27 AM »
Life in prison, no parole.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 01:31:22 PM »
Life in prison, no parole.
He'll be out in 10 or 15 years. It will cost the tax payers well over $100,000 per year to keep him locked up.

Definitely not worth it.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 01:40:52 PM »
Uh... No, no he won't. No way in hell will he ever be let free.

Federal law is clear. No parole is exactly that. You never see anything outside the walls of the SuperMax in Colorado again.

Ezekiel

• friend
  • Intellectual Masturbationist
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 02:07:43 PM »
Only states pull that 25-year sentence under the Secretary of Corrections: to be filled as 5 years "inside" and 20 on "parole."  (Due to costs.)  The Feds can spend as much $$$ as they desire, and this guy is going down for the full term of LIFE.

Their primary responsibiity will be keeping him alive.  I anticipate no human contact -- or very little -- in a padded room with no shoelaces...
Zeke

m1911owner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 02:23:54 PM »
I'd say, give him the shoelaces.  That could cut costs substantially.

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 04:00:00 PM »
General Population. Should put an end to that expense thing, real quick.

Ron

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 04:17:04 PM »
He wanted to be a martyr.

Sorry, sit hear and do nothing for the rest of your life.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 04:38:48 PM »
Ask Sirhan Sirhan or Charles Manson what life without parole means.
Ask Jeffrey Dahmer what life in the slammer with other prisoners is like.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 05:09:34 PM »
Quote from: The Rabbi
Ask Sirhan Sirhan or Charles Manson what life without parole means.
Manson is elligable for parole. All it would take is some whackos to get on the parole board and he will be out on the street.

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 06:47:30 PM »
Manson is elligable for parole. All it would take is some whackos to get on the parole board and he will be out on the street
Correct. He has had several parole hearings over the years.

Interesting cast of characters in the Supermax.
The Unabomber
McVeigh and Nichols
The Shoe bomber
Eric Rudolph

If any of you remember the old Batman comics, this place sounds like a real life Arkham Asylum.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 05:33:04 AM »
Quote from: c_yeager
Manson is elligable for parole. All it would take is some whackos to get on the parole board and he will be out on the street.
Manson has come up for parole I dont know how many times in the last 30 years and been denied every time.  I guess at some point he will get it, probably when he is about 85 or terminally ill.  Ditto with Sirhan Sirhan.  Just because something could happen doesnt mean it is likely to.

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 05:54:14 AM »
Bring me up to speed, guys; who did Moussaoui personally harm?

Ezekiel

• friend
  • Intellectual Masturbationist
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 05:57:06 AM »
Quote from: mercedesrules
Which brings forth one of the very great reasons that I am glad he got "life."

Vengeful acts and spite are both "un-American."

Let him rot for ommission, but not die for a mere "attempt."  (Such would be akin to offering death for ATTEMPTED murder: Draconian.)
Zeke

grampster

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 05:57:29 AM »
Moussaoui himself, wanted to be martyred; the death penalty.  He said sitting alone in a little cell "on a toilet" for the rest of his life would be intolerable for him, great misery.

I'm glad a jury saw fit to give him the punishment he deserved; the one he feared the most.  To me the money is worth the knowledge that he will rot away in lonliness the rest of his life and to never attain the matrydom that he so wants.

Tough *expletive deleted*it, dude.

I think justice has been eloquently served.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 05:57:48 AM »
Quote from: mercedesrules
It's "whom".  He didnt have to harm personally anyone.  Conspiracy to commit a crime is itself a crime.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 01:05:41 PM »
Where Moussaoui Is Likely to Spend the Rest of His Life

In the same maximum security prison that holds the Unabomber and 1993 World Trade Center bombing mastermind, he would lead a solitary existence cut off from the country and people he hates so much

By BRIAN BENNETT/    WASHINGTON

Posted Thursday, May. 04, 2006
Zacarias Moussaoui will live out the rest of his days surrounded by poured concrete, with a thin horizontal window providing his only view of the country he conspired to attack. He'll be in this cell at all times except for the 90 minutes he'll get five days a week to go outside into a caged courtyard to exercise on his own, with no contact with other inmates. This is life at ADX Florence, the maximum security prison in the high desert of southeastern Colorado where the convicted 9/11 conspirator will almost certainly begin his life sentence. (The Bureau of Prisons won't officially confirm his destination until he arrives.)

Moussaoui, 37, will likely be held in the most restrictive part of the prison, sleeping on a thin, green mattress that rests on an unforgiving concrete bed. He can sit on a concrete stool at a concrete desk to write letters and read books. Above him at all times will be a video camera monitoring his every move. If he is well behaved, he could eventually be allowed to have a black and white television in his cell that plays, on closed circuit, religious programs, psychological help tapes or educational shows. His toilet can only flush a certain number of times an hour so he can't flood his room to get the guard's attention. For the same reason, his shower will only run for a short period of time.

Although Moussaoui won't get to mingle, he will be near other notorious inmates at ADX Florence including Unabomber Theodore Kaczynski, Oklahoma City bombing conspirator Terry Nichols, attempted shoe bomber Richard Reid, 1993 World Trade Center mastermind Ramzi Yousef, 2000 Atlanta Olympics bomber Eric Rudolph and FBI agent turned Soviet spy Robert Hanssen.

Moussaoui will also be part of an elite minority at ADX Florence: the five percent of inmates who were sent there immediately after their sentencing hearing. The vast majority of the 399 prisoners took a more circuitous route, earning their spot in the country's most high-tech and restrictive prison by doing things like attacking guards at other prisons, killing inmates or trying to escape. After a number of prisoner-on-prisoner fatalities, says spokeswoman Krista Rear, the super max in Florence cut off all contact among inmates. There hasn't been a fatality since, she says.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Iain

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 01:28:45 PM »
What has the general reaction been? I saw a clip from Fox today where someone was arguing that professional juries were needed in the light of this verdict.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Shalako

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 02:32:02 PM »
Who did Moussaoui personally harm? Hmm, critical thinking....

I'm pleased that we are sending a message to all the terrorists of the world bent on our destruction that we are paying attention, and that there are reprocussions if they attempt to commit violent acts against our people. We even gave him a fair trial.

Some people fear the government could overstep its authority and start branding everyone a terrorist.
I believe the opposite. The kind, protective, and fair government of the USA saved this poor AH a brutal sentence to be delivered by the angry mobs of the American populace. They should have thrown him in the street instead. Thats what the terrorists really deserve.

(My sentance for this dirtbag does not jive with my ongoing religious/spiritual growth, but I'm working on reconciling that... Meanwhile, love your neighbor in the instance of Moussaoui would mean we'd Darwin ourselves...)

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2006, 03:36:01 AM »
The judge quoted Eliot as her last words to him: "...with a whimper."

It isn't about vengeance.  It's about punishment.  I hope he lives a long time.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2006, 04:36:03 AM »
Quote from: Shalako
Who did Moussaoui personally harm? Hmm, critical thinking....

I'm pleased that we are sending a message to all the terrorists of the world bent on our destruction that we are paying attention, and that there are reprocussions if they attempt to commit violent acts against our people. We even gave him a fair trial.

Some people fear the government could overstep its authority and start branding everyone a terrorist.
I believe the opposite. The kind, protective, and fair government of the USA saved this poor AH a brutal sentence to be delivered by the angry mobs of the American populace. They should have thrown him in the street instead. Thats what the terrorists really deserve.

(My sentance for this dirtbag does not jive with my ongoing religious/spiritual growth, but I'm working on reconciling that... Meanwhile, love your neighbor in the instance of Moussaoui would mean we'd Darwin ourselves...)
If I may make the assumption that your religious/spiritual growth is in the Judeo-Christian tradition, there is nothing that prevents a state, or even an individual, from protecting himself.  Witness how many peole the Israelites fought, even wiped out.  Witness how many crimes in the Old Testament are punishable by  death.   Witness Luke 22:35-36 - "He said to them, "When I sent you forth without a money bag or a sack or sandals, were you in need of anything?" "No, nothing," they replied.

He said to them,  "But now one who has a money bag should take it, and likewise a sack, and one who does not have a sword should sell his cloak and buy one.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2006, 04:55:50 AM »
I share John Derbyshire's reaction to the sentence and our gov't officials' actions: A sorry-azzed example of pathetic American multi-culti squish.

If this is the best we can do, we are farked.

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YzRiOTY0ZDViOWM0YzJjMzc0MGU5YmIyMzEyMmMxZGI=

Quote from: John Derbyshire
Shame

Thank God the Moussaoui trial is over.  I have never been so embarrassed for my country.  The low point of the thing  and a low point for our nation in its accelerating slide to oblivion  was when that U.S. Navy Lieutenenat sniveled and blubbed on the witness stand while Moussaoui jeered at her  quite rightly, in my opinion.  I expected Jimmy Carter or Oprah to show up at any minute.  An American officer, in uniform, weeping IN THE FACE OF THE ENEMY!  She should be court-martialed.  Instead, I feel sure she will get promoted.  ("If you emote, we must promote.")  The trial transcripts must have been translated into Arabic, Farsi & Pushtu by now, and are being passed around among the terrorists as morale boosters, with much hilarity and Moussaoui-style jeering.

Judge Brinkema's closing remarks were typical of the whole sorry performance, and gave Moussaoui yet another opportunity to play the man  the only man in the courtroom.  Does anyone, DOES ANYONE, think we're going to defeat Islamofascism by squirting clouds of this multicultural mush at it?  The terrorists sure as hell don't.  Does anyone think the enemy gives a fig for our determination not to "focus on hatred, bigotry, and irrationality" (Judge Brinkema).  I wonder if you can win a war without deploying hatred.  Homer didn't think so.

The New York Post described Judge Brinkema's closing remarks as "a tongue lashing."  I would say that's about right.  They have suicide bombers  and, any day now, nukes which they will use.  We have wet tongues.

"When people see a strong horse and a weak horse, naturally they will favor the strong horse."-Osama bin Laden.  Yes, they will.  We are doomed, doomed.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2006, 05:32:58 AM »
I don't know.  If we were to execute the miserable vermin he would become a martyr.  Instead of that he will rot away in obscurity for the next 40-50 years.  That seems like a worse punishment than death in this case.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2006, 07:58:49 PM »
Quote from: Shalako
...(My sentance for this dirtbag does not jive with my ongoing religious/spiritual growth, but I'm working on reconciling that... Meanwhile, love your neighbor in the instance of Moussaoui would mean we'd Darwin ourselves...)
"Love your neighbor" jives just fine with dealing with terrorists in any legal/moral manner. Another quote from Christ

Matthew 18

"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.  "Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come! If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell..."
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

grampster

• friend
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2006, 09:55:45 AM »
And in another place..."insofar as it is possible, live at peace with your neigbor...".  The implication is that it is not always possible to be at peace.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw