Author Topic: Pelosis: If you see one, give to it nothing. And take from it everything!  (Read 678 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/alexandra-pelosi-jim-mcgreevey-film-89341.html?hp=l12

What a vile, contemptible family.

What happened is that [Alexandra, Nancy's daughter] Pelosi did persuade McGreevey to let her follow him around in his new life — as a volunteer to female inmates in New York City and in his attempt to become an Episcopal priest — but not in any official documentarian capacity (in fact, Pelosi says that McGreevey’s partner, Mark O’Donnell, was staunchly against the idea).

“I don’t think he thought I was making a movie,” Pelosi told POLITICO. “I think he thought I was just hanging around.”

Well, hanging around, that is, with a handheld video camera, her signature filmmaking method (Pelosi’s other documentaries include “Journey With George” and “Friends of God”).

“Jim has a bit of a disease; he doesn’t know how to say ‘no,’” says Pelosi, who ultimately wove together a film, once she thought she had something worthwhile, and sent it to the Sundance Film Festival.

“He was not happy about it, but I said, ‘You have a choice. You can support the bigger picture of what the movie is trying to say, which is about the theme of redemption and second acts, or you can not sign a release and this film will go to waste.’ He ended up giving in and signing and going to Sundance, and here we are today.”

This is the result that "we have to pass the bill to see what's in it" leads to, when applied [il]logically.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
A little more:

Pelosi says she believes in a simple mantra: “It’s better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.”

“I don’t ask for permission. I think anytime you have to ask for permission your project is doomed.”

Sounds just like how her mom legislates.

“Which is worse: Having to be a heterosexual or having to be a politician?” Pelosi asks McGreevey at one point in the film.

Didn't know anyone was born in a state that compelled him or her to be a politician.  Some may argue that gay/straight is a lifestyle choice.  Politician is DEFINITELY a lifestyle choice.  What kind of boneheaded interview technique is this?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!