Author Topic: Harry Reid agrees w/ Trump on immigration..  (Read 678 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Harry Reid agrees w/ Trump on immigration..
« on: November 29, 2016, 12:13:48 AM »
...in 1993.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2015/07/harry-reid-was-donald-trump-before-trump-was-uncool

Reid introduced a bill on Aug. 4, 1993, the Immigration Stabilization Act of 1993 (S.1351), which would have ended birthright citizenship (an idea he called “insane”), clamped down on asylum seekers (very pertinent to World Trade Center bombing), expanded deportation of criminal aliens, increased penalties on re-entries and visa fraud, and excluded all legal immigrants from admission who “cannot demonstrably support themselves without public or private assistance.”

In a press release unveiling the bill, Reid noted the following:

"Our borders have overflowed with illegal immigrants placing tremendous burdens on our criminal justice system, schools and social programs. The Immigration and Naturalization Service needs the ability to step up enforcement. "Our federal wallet is stretched to the limit by illegal aliens getting welfare, food stamps, medical care and other benefits often without paying any taxes. "Safeguards like welfare and free medical care are in place to boost Americans in need of short-term assistance. These programs were not meant to entice freeloaders and scam artists from around the world.”

See, Trump really is just a Democrat.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Harry Reid agrees w/ Trump on immigration..
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 09:17:51 AM »
Reid was for it before he was against it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Harry Reid agrees w/ Trump on immigration..
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 02:06:02 PM »
And Obama and Hillary opposed gay marriage, TPP, and Trump supported Hillary