Author Topic: It's all in the spin  (Read 677 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
It's all in the spin
« on: June 15, 2017, 09:00:50 PM »
Remember when the Muslim Army major [whose name shall remain unsaid] shot up Fort Hood, Texas? It was an obvious case of Islamist terrorism, but the .gov labeled it "workplace violence."

Now a UPS employee, unhappy with being required to work too much overtime, has shot up his place of employment. Sounds a lot like "workplace violence" to me, but the mayor of San Francisco doesn't think so. The problem, he says, is "gun violence."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/14/shooting-reported-at-san-francisco-ups-facility-police-say.html

San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee offered his condolences and said he was "always saddened by the loss of life to gun violence."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: It's all in the spin
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 09:09:46 PM »
Colion Noir had a headline on his Instagram that quoted someone saying the UPS shooter used an "assault pistol" in this attack.  There's some spin for ya...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 10:27:33 PM »
Colion Noir had a headline on his Instagram that quoted someone saying the UPS shooter used an "assault pistol" in this attack.  There's some spin for ya...

But it's California. I think in California my old Roy Rogers cap gun would be classified as an "assault pistol" today.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 10:58:02 PM »
But it's California. I think in California my old Roy Rogers cap gun would be classified as an "assault pistol" today.

So would a pop-tart.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife