Author Topic: Speaking of Uniforms  (Read 1189 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Speaking of Uniforms
« on: July 20, 2008, 09:48:25 AM »
Uniform of the day  20 July 1969, Location: Tranquility Base

bob

DJJ

• friend
Re: Speaking of Uniforms
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 11:01:22 AM »
http://media.putfile.com/The-Eagle-has-landed

Here's another great shot. Zoom in close, and you can clearly see Buzz' face through the visor, looking over toward the camera.

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/AS11-40-5875HR.jpg

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 02:55:12 PM »
I use a cropped portion of that picture as my avatar on another forum.  cool
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 01:38:55 AM »
Now that's a uniform worth honoring.....  cool
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 03:32:27 AM »
I was a youngster at the time of the Apollo 11 mission . . . and in Winterhaven, Fla., on vacation with my folks, on the day of the liftoff. We watched it on TV, and then went outside where, in the distance, we saw the bright orange flame of the Saturn V's exhaust. With binoculars - and a kid's imagination - I convinced myself that I saw a little black speck at the top of the flame which was the rocket itself.

It made an impression on me.

I've always found it appalling that after landing on the moon, rather than keep moving forward in space exploration, we all but shut down the space program and shifted that money - and a WHOLE LOT more - into expanding LBJ's "Great Society" programs . . . trillions upon trillions of dollars with ZERO worthwhile return.

<expletive> <expletive> <long string of expletives>
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain