Author Topic: The Criminal N.S.A.  (Read 6744 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: The Criminal N.S.A.
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2013, 07:59:07 PM »
Statistically, it'd be impressive to do a worse job.

Be careful what you wish for, things can always get worse.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2013, 08:42:55 AM »
Be careful what you wish for, things can always get worse.

I didn't say "They can't do a worse job", because that's just begging Murphy to "enlighten" you.   =D

Just saying it'd be impressive.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2013, 02:59:06 PM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/353920/amash-forcing-issue-nsa-jonathan-strong?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Representative Justin Amash of Michigan is on his way to forcing the first legislative showdown over the National Security Agency’s controversial policy of collecting the phone logs of every American.

The venue for the fight is an amendment to the Defense Appropriations bill that would ban the NSA from collecting information from people who aren’t under investigation.

The catch is, if the Rules Committee doesn’t allow a vote on the amendment, Amash and a coalition of Republicans and Democrats probably have the votes to bring the whole bill down. To do so, they could vote against the “rule,” which governs debate for the bill. Those are typically party-line votes, so only a few Republicans would need to join the Democrats to defeat it.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2013, 06:27:19 PM »
As for the president forgetting the constitutional law he once taught, even fully remembered it's not much better than hitler teaching an ethnic diversity course.

As for the President having taught constitutional law, it is accepted that he did teach a course, but I don't believe I have ever seen, heard or read anything about what he actually taught about the Constitution in those courses. Probably something along the "living document subject to interpretation according to the current mores" line, I expect. Not likely he was teaching as an originalist or strict constructionist.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2013, 07:58:25 PM »
As for the President having taught constitutional law, it is accepted that he did teach a course, but I don't believe I have ever seen, heard or read anything about what he actually taught about the Constitution in those courses. Probably something along the "living document subject to interpretation according to the current mores" line, I expect. Not likely he was teaching as an originalist or strict constructionist.

From what I understand he was a guest lecturer.  A bit different than a professor.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2013, 09:37:20 PM »
From what I understand he was a guest lecturer.  A bit different than a professor.

I thought he was an adjunct professor, which isn't much different than a guest lecturer. I know he wasn't tenured faculty.

I still wonder what he was teaching.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2013, 09:49:57 PM »
I thought he was an adjunct professor, which isn't much different than a guest lecturer. I know he wasn't tenured faculty.

I still wonder what he was teaching.

You have to wonder ?  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2013, 06:08:50 PM »
Watch candidate Obama debate President Obama re: the NSA spying programs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BmdovYztH8&feature=share
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.