Author Topic: The dangers of a lame duck with a phone and a pen  (Read 1059 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
The dangers of a lame duck with a phone and a pen
« on: November 05, 2014, 01:18:59 PM »
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: The dangers of a lame duck with a phone and a pen
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 01:43:53 PM »
Somewhat tangential, but one of the best quotes in the article:

And voters also rejected the loony-toon delusions of House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi. Honestly, the woman should be running a hat and wig shop in Haight-Ashbury, selling weed and prescription pills on the side. How it is that Democrats in Congress have taken her so seriously for so long will baffle historians for decades.

Sadly, she was reelected by a near 80% in her district.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 07:02:30 PM »
. . . Sadly, she was reelected by a near 80% in her district.
People who vote for a living . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 08:44:27 PM »
Danger signs appeared immediately.  His party received a tremendous thumping in large part because of him and he showed no emotion other than anger that his policies were rejected.  All during the election background media kept talking of executive amnesty before Christmas.  Obama had said or done nothing to contradict those rumors.

I hope GOP "leadership" is prepared to deal with Obama in a forthright and unambiguous manner because he will come at them hard and fast.  I think we will see pretty quickly whether GOP leaders are action or talk.   
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 09:15:02 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/mcconnell-warns-obama-unilateral-actions-180109883--politics.html

I think that there would be a tremendous backlash.  Perhaps to the point where the Supremes become involved, since that is writing law* by executive fiat. 

*It has clearly been established that immigration and citizenship law is purview of Congress, not the executive branch.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 10:24:06 PM »
In brighter and somewhat related news: reason.com blog 2014/11/05 DOJ-finally-releases-fast-and-furious It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 06:26:34 AM »
I look forward to Obama's childish tantrums.

I don't. This country can't absorb a few million more illegal unnecessary aliens, and now that the Big O has no chance of getting legislation to open the gates to the invading hoard, IMHO there's no question that he'll do it by executive fiat.

The question in my mind is, how can such executive fiat be legal? As the country's chief executive his job is to execute the laws and regulations adopted by the legislative branch. We have laws pertaining to immigration, and I can't understand why/how anybody (even him) thinks he has any authority to just wave a magic wand and bypass all those laws.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 06:46:33 AM »
Interesting thing is that the CR expires around the 11th of December.  How many games are going to be played out between now and then.  I see us heading to another shut down of the government just before Christmas.  Not going to play well for either side if that happens.

Best we can hope for is an extended CR until the new Congress is seated.  Then there better be a budget passed post haste and on Obama's desk for him to sign or veto.

Then also force him to have a budget in their hands as required by law. 

Going to be an interesting 6 -8 months.  Say that because we all know that by June or July everyone is going to start posturing for 2016.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!