Author Topic: How many of you think there will be a President Obama?  (Read 28701 times)

The Annoyed Man

Re: How many of you think there will be a President Obama?
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2008, 01:53:53 PM »
So if you DON'T want a draft, vote Republican.

I want a draft.  If this 'war'  rolleyes is worth fighting, it's worth fighting by everyone, not just the underclass who join the military.  The children of the elite and privileged don't go into that meatgrinder, do they?   Hell, we had a draft for Vietnam.  Isn't Iraq at least as important as Vietnam?

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2008, 01:56:51 PM »
You really, honestly think that the children of the powerful elite of either party would be included in a draft, and not just get put in a stateside "champagne unit", if they were drafted at all?

You're very naive, if so.

A draft just sucks up people from the lower classes who didn't want to enlist, and sends them over to be a burden on the people who did sign up and are dedicated to their service. The wealthy and powerful get their kids out of it. That's how it's always been, that's how it always will be.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2008, 02:07:20 PM »
Yeah, I still believe in the concept of 'all men are created equal', the bourgeoisie, and all that nonsense.  Forgive me, I  forgot this is modern day corporate America.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2008, 05:33:05 PM »
Don't worry, the Great Leveler is coming to the U.S.A. soon enough.   If it's not terrorist attacks from without, it will be economic collapse and/or ethnic/racial division.  No one will be safe; there will be no islands for the rich and connected.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2008, 09:22:58 AM »
The children of the elite and privileged don't go into that meatgrinder, do they?

Only if they want to.
If they get drafted (IF)
Then the connected will still be protected.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2008, 03:49:34 AM »
I want a draft.  If this 'war'  rolleyes is worth fighting, it's worth fighting by everyone, not just the underclass who join the military.  The children of the elite and privileged don't go into that meatgrinder, do they?   Hell, we had a draft for Vietnam.  Isn't Iraq at least as important as Vietnam?

WAIT!

Isn't that what the libs complained about the draft during the Vietnam War? That only the poor and blacks were being sent to fight and that the rich whitey kids were hiding out at college and running to Canada?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!