Author Topic: Clinton laughs off Colombia questions  (Read 2346 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Clinton laughs off Colombia questions
« on: April 11, 2008, 05:37:14 AM »
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/04/11/clinton-laughs-off-colombia-questions/
  PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (CNN)  Hillary Clinton used her trademark laugh Thursday to deflect a question about the $800,000 her husband earned in 2005 giving speeches for a Bogota-based group that supports the Colombia free trade agreement  the same trade deal she currently opposes.

Asked by CNN if those earnings represented a conflict of interest given that she has dipped into her family's pocketbook to pay campaign bills, Clinton threw up her hands and laughed loudly for several seconds.

"How many angels dance on the head of the pin?," she responded, continuing to giggle. "I have really, uh, nothing to & I mean, how do you answer that?"

The New York senator explained there are different sides to the argument over trade, and re-emphasized her own opposition to the trade deal, assailing the Colombian government's "outrageous" record of "targeting labor leaders."

"I am against the Colombia free trade deal," she said. "It doesn't matter who talks to me. It doesn't matter any circumstances. I have been against it. I am against it. I will be against it absent the kind of changes in behavior that I have been calling for from the Colombian government."

Earlier in the press conference, describing her husband's advocacy for the trade deal, Clinton said: "Everyone is free to express their opinion."

Manedwolf

• friend

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Clinton laughs off Colombia questions
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 04:18:15 AM »
Her "thinking" scares me.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 04:42:45 AM »
"How many angels dance on the head of the pin?," she responded, continuing to giggle. "I have really, uh, nothing to & I mean, how do you answer that?"

Um... How about with a 'yes' or 'no'?  Did question-answering suddenly become really super complicated or something?
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 11:09:25 AM »
If she can't even at least answer around tough questions (instead of telling us what she really thinks), does she really have what it takes to be President?  I think not. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 11:56:23 AM »
With the Clintons, it's not about the truth, it's about what we can make you believe.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 10:00:22 AM »
Yeah, but Bill Clinton would have talked his way around those questions and all the media people would have gushed about how well he did it.  Hillary is just not the same politician that Bill is.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 10:14:59 AM »
Yeah, but Bill Clinton would have talked his way around those questions and all the media people would have gushed about how well he did it.  Hillary is just not the same politician that Bill is.

Amazing isn't it?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G