Author Topic: Supreme Court upholds photo ID law for voters in Indiana  (Read 9336 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Supreme Court upholds photo ID law for voters in Indiana
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 01:49:58 PM »
In todays society you cannot get anything done without picture ID.  Bank accounts, using debit card, cashing checks, even buying over the counter cold medicines not to mention just plain driving a car. 

You would be surprised how many people have no back account, no debit card, no checks and no car.  I doubt many of those people give any thought to voting...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 03:15:42 PM »
I doubt many of those people give any thought to voting...

Yeah, but they make a great straw horse for those who oppose requiring ID to vote.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 04:30:17 PM »
You must favor a reinstatement of the poll tax.  Racist!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 04:37:42 PM »
 laugh every time I hear the excuse that the elderly, poor, or minorities don't have ID.  In todays society you cannot get anything done without picture ID.  Bank accounts, using debit card, cashing checks, even buying over the counter cold medicines not to mention just plain driving a car. 

it can be done  difficult a lil pricey sometimes but i did it for 14 years. there is an underground out there
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 02:45:14 AM »
The "poor" have DVD players and cell phones.  They can not smoke cigarettes for several days to save up for that $13 Indiana State ID card. rolleyes
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 05:24:12 AM »
Oh, but the poor can't afford banking services.

Firethorn's point about fraud disenfranchising voters directly is a fantastic one that needs to be shouted from the rooftops.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2008, 05:27:53 AM »
Tell me, I've living voting fraud.  Thanks to Indiana's inane "early voting" (all the cool kids are doing it) my city is overrun with Illinois license plates coming over to attempt to vote for Obama.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2008, 05:29:17 AM »
Have any of them been arrested?

If not, a few high profile arrests and nice sentences might help deter some of them.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2008, 05:39:30 AM »
In todays society you cannot get anything done without picture ID.  Bank accounts, using debit card, cashing checks, even buying over the counter cold medicines not to mention just plain driving a car. 

You would be surprised how many people have no back account, no debit card, no checks and no car.  I doubt many of those people give any thought to voting...

Come to Bnei Brak, Fistful.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner