Author Topic: whats your record?  (Read 5456 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
whats your record?
« on: October 03, 2010, 01:14:11 AM »
for the longest time on hold?  i'm at 2 hours 25 with comcast  ironically i've got the email addy of the comcast vp in charge of customer service since last weeks earlier debacle and his assurance to make things right.  as a result i've got the local vp's number along with 3 others in the food chain.  i plan on being a pain in many folks tail.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
Re: whats your record?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 01:45:14 AM »
That is what I hate about big corps.  My ISP is a local company.  I do pay more for internet service than what I could pay to AT&T, but if I want to talk to the owner of the company, I can do it.  I was going to switch to AT&T once, but they messed up my lines so bad trying to transfer me over, I could not get DSL internet service for a week.

sorry, didn't mean to go off on a tangent....
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 02:50:58 AM »
2:45, wow!

I used to work for a major cable company (NOT comcast) and we would get our asses handed to us in our monthly review if our average hold time for a customer was over 30 seconds.  (Note: this doesn't include the time you spend on hold before you talk to a real human, just the time we kept you on hold once we picked up the line.)

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 05:10:32 AM »
4 hours 10 mins 56 seconds  i left the phone home and went to work so i don't know if someone finally answered or if my ce;; finally dropped the call   it was disconnected when i got home.    rick germano of comcast got several e mails i'm sure hes gonna love.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 07:46:26 AM »
for the longest time on hold?  i'm at 2 hours 25 with comcast 

7 hours, 30 minutes with Qwest.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 09:20:34 AM »
Ok, back to the question at hand..  10-15 min, but it was a call to Australia, but it was a call on my prepaid cell and it burned through $40 in minutes that fast.  Then I ran out of time and it kicked me off, never finishing the call.  The company never had any other contact info until after you called.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 12:35:39 PM »
7 hours, 30 minutes with Qwest.

wow!  ironically i was gonna upgrade my service speed on the net

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 02:43:48 PM »
Heh. Comcast always hung up on ME after putting me on hold for >30mins. For this and other reasons, I don't do business with them any more.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 05:13:01 PM »
I went oven an hour, ONCE. I simply do NOT have that kind of Patience! Oh, I don't give up, I am like a snappin turtle, I stay locked on someone's tail until I get results!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

• friends
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 06:29:30 PM »
i called the va corp rep on kids phone and got her voice at midnight  i sat both phones together let her listen to the elevator music  and the "your call is important to us please stand by for the next available agent" with my color commentary in the background.  they are running commercials with a slogan"on the phone or at your house... we're there for you!" it was in the back ground a couple times

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 08:15:40 PM »
I have a 10 minute limit.  I'll try again the next day.  After that, it's a certified letter.

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 08:20:44 PM »
my curiosity gets the best of me  i set the call duration timer up  leave that phone grab the lids and go on with my life    then i have more to slam em with when i finally get through

i think telling her that getting this resolved kills more time than my part time job was a  good point

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 09:35:29 PM »
Once, in undergrad, I was on the Microsoft for somewhere between nine and thirteen hours.  Hold music on speakerphone for most of the time, with occasional human interruptions to explain that I actually needed a different department and transfer me.  Somewhere around nine hours in I fell asleep.  When I woke up several hours later, I'd been disconnected.

I no longer have any recollection wth I was trying to do that was so important, or why I was calling Microsoft.  I've never had a need to call Microsoft since then.  No idea what it was about.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 09:49:37 PM »
I don't think I've been on hold for any longer than 30 minutes.  I'll hang up after that.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

• friends
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 10:41:28 PM »
i just finished getting jacked around yet again by comcast and ironically just after i got reconnected on my own i got an email from them trying to make nice about some earlier issues. i suspect its a complaint bot. after my reply we will know

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 10:48:21 PM »
I once spent a little over 3 hours on hold on my company's internal tech support line while a customer T1 was down.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

taurusowner

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 10:50:13 PM »
I use AT&T for my internet and TV service.  As far as customer service and support goes, talking on the phone is obsolete  :laugh:  I just use their Live Chat service on their website and just instant message back and forth with a tech rep.  There are no wait times.

EDIT: AS for the inevitable "how do you use Live Chat if your internet is down in the first place?" question, I have a Droid X phone that I can use to wirelessly broadcast my 3G signal as wifi.  So I have internet everywhere no matter what.  If my home internet goes down, I just connect through my phone and go from there.

• friends
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 10:51:33 PM »
i just waited for live chat  and then her advice made me disconnect and terminate the chat without resolving the issues

brimic

• friends
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 11:43:33 AM »
About 10 minutes-that's my limit. My time is much too valuable to be put on hold.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 11:45:42 AM »
multiple phone lines and something to do?

We once had a vendors system burry us on hold for 10 hours.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

• friends
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 03:28:07 PM »
i'm waiting for  the nice lady to call back now.   we had a conversation earlier that was funny  she was "letting me vent" and i wasn't saying anything. i then told her "look i've had the same classes you have  i don't need to vent i need to hear what you folks are gonna do about this farce. 

that threw her off script and shes gonna get back to me

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 03:25:43 AM »
Gotta ask:

Why stay with Comcast?  No DSL or sat options?

Iain

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 04:25:33 AM »
Couple of hours after an engineer failed to show up to turn on an already installed phone line. When no engineer showed the second time we got the number to the chairman's office (not his personal number, but his team) and they showed the third time. Not sure if it was more incompetence or some sort of compensation, but we didn't get billed for the first six months of line rental.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

• friends
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 04:44:48 AM »
Gotta ask:

Why stay with Comcast?  No DSL or sat options?

its a pain for me to switch  got advertising with my current email on it in circulation.   no dsl here yet i'm in the boonies  sattelite means going to war with my tree hugger wife

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 11:01:52 AM »
If you ignore the customer for long enough he does go away.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.