Author Topic: Seattle PD setting up riot police in Westlake Center  (Read 6108 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Seattle PD setting up riot police in Westlake Center
« on: November 24, 2014, 03:57:12 PM »
Got a call from a friend a little while ago, sounds like SPD is getting ready for trouble. It'll be interesting when they actually release the verdict, I could see the Central District burning but the cops will most likely come down hard on anything starting in the Business District or Capitol Hill. Georgetown might be interesting, mostly industrial but close to the ghetto neighborhoods and probably a lighter police presence aside from near the stadiums. White Center will be bad, and Tacoma has probably our highest gang member concentrations. Not sure about Everett, I know there are some bad neighborhoods but not sure if they're the demographics likely to use the verdict as an excuse to riot.

What's the situation in your neck of the woods? Anyone else seeing local PD's getting ready?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Seattle PD setting up riot police in Westlake Center
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 04:24:39 PM »
Anyone else seeing local PD's getting ready?

I think ours topped off their gas tanks today.  The university cops might be carrying a couple extra PowerBars in case they get stuck watching protecting a 5-6 student protest.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 04:39:58 PM »
Maybe SPD can use some of the excessive force tactics they're known for on actual armed bad guys for once.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 04:43:02 PM »
The only activity around me might involve some aftermath, if things get out of hand enough for any poor, peaceful protestors or maddog cops to be transported to the ER.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 05:24:54 PM »
I live outside of Austin, TX . . . locally I expect NO problems from the Grand Jury verdict whatsoever. I expect a few loners might throw a rock at a window or something downtown or in the cr@ppier areas on the east side of the city, but generally TX doesn't coddle overtly violent and disorderly mobs the way some places do.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 05:48:05 PM »
I am not expecting much in the way of protests in Spokane. It is still a rarity to be out and about and even see a minority (black or hispanic) person, much less a group of them.  =|

bob

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/53/53063.html

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 05:57:01 PM »
I am not expecting much in the way of protests in Spokane. It is still a rarity to be out and about and even see a minority (black or hispanic) person, much less a group of them.  =|

bob

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/53/53063.html

For the satellite "protests" outside of Ferguson, it seems to be more white university liberal idiots than minorities, especially considering many of the satellite "protests" are being held in areas with a distinct lack of minorities.

The good news is that such university students are A) Often lazy and B) Generally not of the "burn the QT and steal the Nike's" mindset.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 06:05:36 PM by Boomhauer »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 06:12:42 PM »
For the satellite "protests" outside of Ferguson, it seems to be more white university liberal idiots than minorities, especially considering many of the satellite "protests" are being held in areas with a distinct lack of minorities.

The good news is that such university students are A) Often lazy and B) Generally not of the "burn the QT and steal the Nike's" mindset.

Good, we don't have any of those either. Pullman is 90 miles away and Missoula is even further.  ;)

bob

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 06:30:22 PM »
Good, we don't have any of those either. Pullman is 90 miles away and Missoula is even further.  ;)

bob

The WSU satellite, Gonzaga and Whitworth would be really bummed to hear you.  After all that money spent on marketing....

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 06:36:23 PM »

bob

Like something will happen in Missoula.  we might get some Hippies marching up Higgins, but nothing will happen.    :rofl:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 06:41:11 PM »
Like something will happen in Missoula.  we might get some Hippies marching up Higgins, but nothing will happen.    :rofl:

They might be armed with patchouli spray guns...
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 07:10:33 PM »
A mob blocked TX288 and some other freeway sections in/out of Houston after the Zimmerman verdict.  They didn't get too unruly, but I am a little concerned about it escalating this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

brimic

• friends
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 07:35:13 PM »
Its cold and snowing out. The local nogoodniks will be inside smoking dope and playing xbox.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 07:43:00 PM »
I am going to Atlanta tomorrow over nite. Should go through there about 4 am . Plan on gassing up in sc and no stops till get south of city

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 08:02:08 PM »
I am going to Atlanta tomorrow over nite. Should go through there about 4 am . Plan on gassing up in sc and no stops till get south of city

What route are you taking through SC? 85?

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

• friends
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 08:08:39 PM »
What route are you taking through SC? 85?
Yup.
Coming up to overnite in Greenville Friday on way home too

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 08:23:22 PM »
Yup.
Coming up to overnite in Greenville Friday on way home too

Gotcha, I work very close to Greenville but I'll be out of town myself on Friday, unfortunately. My shop's about 10 minutes off of 85.

Hope you don't hit bad traffic on your journey.

• friends
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2014, 08:44:22 PM »
That's why I drive in middle of nite. It helps some with traffic

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2014, 08:46:20 PM »
Passing through Atlanta at that time shouldn't be to bad. Don't be to zippy on the stretch between Greenville and Anderson. HP likes to hang out on overpasses.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

• friends
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 09:30:39 PM »
Thanks for the tip . I am generally real slow

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 09:49:51 PM »
So far, there is a bunch of people chanting 'no justice, no peace' in downtown Seattle, but that is it.  Pretty peaceful so far.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 10:10:15 PM »
I wonder how many of those trolls could even find Ferguson on a map, or even Missouri for that matter.
Hell, most of them probably couldn't find Seattle on a map.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 12:42:51 AM »
So far, there is a bunch of people chanting 'no justice, no peace' in downtown Seattle, but that is it.  Pretty peaceful so far.

Pics I saw were just the filthy hippies laying in the street.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2014, 06:43:39 AM »
I wonder how many of those trolls could even find Ferguson on a map, or even Missouri for that matter.
Hell, most of them probably couldn't find Seattle on a map.

Some did because you have to know most of the ones causing problems aren't from Ferguson.  So far all is normal in Tulsa and surrounding areas and as far as I know there are no plans for anything either.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!