Author Topic: Marine helps disabled boy across finish line  (Read 739 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Marine helps disabled boy across finish line
« on: October 11, 2012, 01:13:07 PM »
Those Marines! Always helping people cheat...... :P :cool: =D

http://www.newsherald.com/news/health/triathlon-triumph-1.27120?tc=cr
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Marine helps disabled boy across finish line
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 01:28:35 PM »

In the moments Ben was debating whether he could hop or maybe crawl the rest of the mile, a man named Matthew Morgan, a Marine who had volunteered to help at the youth event, stepped in.

“(Morgan said) ‘You need help?’ and I said, ‘Sure,’ and he picked me up and carried me,” Ben said.

For the next half mile, Ben held onto Pfc. Morgan with one arm and his prosthetic leg with the other.

Ben said he and Morgan didn’t really speak after their first exchange, but more Marines gathered around and sang a cadence.

Until Sunday, his most spectacular leg malfunction came during a soccer game that he finished by taping it together with duct tape.
I like this kid.  Duct tape & determination.

Not a Shriner, but they got the right idea:
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton