Author Topic: Snark at its best  (Read 1150 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Snark at its best
« on: September 29, 2011, 12:13:40 PM »
http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2011/09/29/janeane-garofalo-racists-love-herman-cain-or-something/comment-page-1/#comment-1596651

You go into these big liberal cities in California and New York, like a lot of big cities on the coast, the progressive dreams of a permanent liberal majority has been going up in smoke for 2 years and nothing’s replaced them. And the dreams fell through a weak economy that was made worse by the stimulus and continued high unemployment and all the scandals now being uncovered. And each successive speech Obama makes has said that somehow these dreams are gonna regenerate and they have not.

And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to religious bigotry or antipathy toward people who aren’t like them as a way to explain their frustrations.

Brilliant.

(The commenter has his own website. I think snark like that deserves a plug. I haven't even looked at his site yet: http://thevimh.blogspot.com/)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

grampster

• friend
Re: Snark at its best
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 12:22:54 PM »
It takes a skunk to recognize a skunk.  Or, as my dad used to say, "A skunk smells his own hole first."  Garofalo is a bitter, spiteful, hateful person.  Too bad.  Life is such a blessing and she's missing it entirely.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 03:56:45 PM »
First half is spot-on, second half is not.  I still fail to see any significant racism anywhere among mainstream conservatism.  Furthermore, I generally find traditionally religious people to be less bigoted than those who subscribe to the contemporary religion of liberalism.  Christianity, Judaism and their like require the believer to recognize and struggle with his own faults and imperfection(and therefore to have perspective regarding others and their faults/failures); liberalism tends to foster narcissism by insisting that the believer is morally enlightened and that everyone else is morally inferior and motivated by selfish concerns(you can't possibly support Cain because you share his values - you support him because you secretly hate blacks and wish to appear as if you do not).

A later commenter had the concept better:
"Isn’t it more racist to suggest someone of a particular skin color *must* have certain core beliefs?"

And an earlier commenter had a pretty clear understanding of Ms. Garofalo and her credibility:
'My grand-pappy gave me some advice way back when, he said to me “Bishop E., one thing you should never do is pay attention to a woman who looks as if she slept in a giant ashtray.”'

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 09:40:35 AM »
I read it that people in the liberal cities are bigots towards the religious.  ???
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”