Author Topic: Woohoo! My birthday!  (Read 1880 times)

cosine

• Administrator
Woohoo! My birthday!
« on: February 15, 2006, 08:10:00 PM »
Woohoo! My birthday's today. Just turned eighteen. cool

Okay, now I'm waiting for my complimentary lever action, 6" .357, and Buck 110 from the government.

(What, you mean the government doesn't equipped its citizens with the proper tools needed for life when they become an adult? Darn! Tongue)

Oh well, the beer's on me. Waita sec... I'm an adult, right? You mean I can't buy beer? :/ Tongue

(Hey, I don't feel any older, and so even if I am an adult I'm gonna continue my goofiness here. No need to become reserved. Cheesy)
Andy

Woohoo! My birthday!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 08:28:45 PM »
Congrats! Smiley

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Woohoo! My birthday!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 01:40:32 AM »
18? I got socks older than that. Tongue

Happy B'Day!

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

SalukiFan

• friend
Woohoo! My birthday!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 02:04:55 AM »
Quote from: cosine
Woohoo! My birthday's today. Just turned eighteen. cool

Okay, now I'm waiting for my complimentary lever action, 6" .357, and Buck 110 from the government.

(What, you mean the government doesn't equipped its citizens with the proper tools needed for life when they become an adult? Darn! Tongue)
Will an M-16 work?  I'm sure they'd be willing to oblige - just remember to hold on to your dogtag, as one of my buddies joked, it's the receipt for your soul. Heh heh...

Happy 18th Birthday cosine - have a good one.

-SalukiFan

cosine

• Administrator
Woohoo! My birthday!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 09:41:56 AM »
Quote from: SalukiFan
Will an M-16 work?  I'm sure they'd be willing to oblige - just remember to hold on to your dogtag, as one of my buddies joked, it's the receipt for your soul. Heh heh...

-SalukiFan
I've considered taking Uncle Sam up on that deal, but if I do, I'm going to wait until I finish college. (at least an undergrad degree) cool
Andy

grampster

• friend
Woohoo! My birthday!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 11:32:34 AM »
Heh heh, what 280plus said.  Seriously, happy birthday, kiddo.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

griz

• friend
Woohoo! My birthday!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 12:02:10 PM »
Happy birthday Cosine. That reminds me, My truck will turn 21 next year, I'll have to buy it a handgun. Tongue
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Woohoo! My birthday!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 12:28:51 PM »
Happy birthday! I remember how excited I was to turn 18; it meant I could move out of my parent's house. Not that they were terrible or anything, I just relished the increased liberty. Good luck.

OBTW, what are you thinking of studying for that undergrad degree?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cosine

• Administrator
Woohoo! My birthday!
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 02:20:30 PM »
Quote from: Balog
Happy birthday! I remember how excited I was to turn 18; it meant I could move out of my parent's house. Not that they were terrible or anything, I just relished the increased liberty. Good luck.

OBTW, what are you thinking of studying for that undergrad degree?
Well, I'm not moving out of my parent's house or anything, and they're pretty liberal with the amount of freedom they've given me as a teenager. I just thought that I'd celebrate because it's my 18th birthday. This was no big deal about increased freedom or getting away from my parents or anything. Smiley

Now, for an undergrad degree I'm thinking of studying (almost 100% sure) for an electrical egineering degree, probably from Marquette University. I'm also considering continue college after four years in order to get a masters or PhD in such a field.
I figure Uncle Sam would like that, especially because if I'd join the military I'd probably (almost 90% sure) join the Air Force. (Chair Force, Air Farce, I know all the jokes. Smiley)

I've also had people tell me that if I did join the Air Force (military personnel I've also spoken with have been impressed with my performance in High School) I'm probably smart enough to become an officer and also a pilot. (Of which I am not opposed to either) I figure Uncle Sam would probably like a degree like electrical engineering for those two fields in the military. (officer and pilot) However, I'd be fine with some other job in the military besides pilot. I do want to be an officer though.

P.S. Does anyone here know what types of jobs one might get in the Air Force with an electrical engineering degree? Is there research that goes on in the military that an electrical engineering degree would be useful for? For example, mechanics; computer work; weapons development work; weapons system development; weapons guidence development; weapons platform system development; guidence development; vehicle development, etc?

Edit: I forgot to place the "cool" smilely at the bottom of this post. cool
Andy

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Woohoo! My birthday!
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 03:00:03 PM »
Happy birthday!  Buy some ammo or something to celebrate.

crt360

• friend
Woohoo! My birthday!
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 03:16:15 PM »
Happy birthday.

Damn, I could fix a lot things if I got to be 18 again.  Of course, I might mess up a few things I got right.

Enjoy it.  Not all of the good advice people give you is worth taking.
For entertainment purposes only.

Art Eatman

• friend
Woohoo! My birthday!
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 03:24:36 PM »
For sure, Happy Birthday!  And do it again next year, okay?  Don't quit now. Smiley

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Standing Wolf

• friend
Woohoo! My birthday!
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 05:25:24 PM »
Aw, heck. You're over the hill already.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Woohoo! My birthday!
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 07:49:24 AM »
Engineers. [/sigh] Wink
Both my brothers are engineers; one electrical, one aerospace. I was in jr high and high school when they were in college, and I always hung out with their friends. I used to have a big list of reasons why e is better than pi. Seemed funny at the time. I like being a nerd. Smiley
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.