Author Topic: Woot lock boxes  (Read 999 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Woot lock boxes
« on: July 15, 2015, 08:28:38 PM »
These are fingerprint or combo might be a good car or truck box
http://www.woot.com/offers/fingerprint-and-digital-steel-safe-7?ref=cnt_wp_24_4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Woot lock boxes
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 08:54:02 PM »
Woot fairly regularly has small safes like that, at a variety of price points.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 09:39:25 PM »
Yea I have 2. I am a cheap sob. Often see things that interest me but not at that price . I wait till the price hits my price point. I have one mounted in the under floor compartment in minivan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 09:40:08 AM »

Fixing up a truck, otherwise I'd buy one just to rip it apart. I haven't spent that much time defeating biometric security systems and need to brush up on it
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 10:40:19 AM »
Fixing up a truck, otherwise I'd buy one just to rip it apart. I haven't spent that much time defeating biometric security systems and need to brush up on it
Why defeat it?  The metal is thin enough a sledge would tear it up pretty fast.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 11:08:53 AM »
Why defeat it?  The metal is thin enough a sledge would tear it up pretty fast.

It makes more sense than owning a firearm that can shoot more than say, 3m or 10m accurately. Statistically, that's several times more distance than you'd ever likely need to shoot someone. There's virtually zero circumstances where you'd need to legally shoot a person or critter at 1km. And yet, I have a rifle I regularly plink 600m targets.

Partly it's the challenge, partly the fun, partly because surreptitious entry is a useful skill.

;)
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 11:20:49 AM »
Partly it's the challenge, partly the fun, partly because surreptitious entry is a useful skill.

;)
That is a good enough reason right there.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 12:46:02 PM »
That is a good enough reason right there.   =)

Na, apologies if I sounded snippy, I just get that quite a bit.

"Oh, I got a lock pick, it's called a drill, sledge or jack!   =D  "
"So, you'd prefer me to open your front door, hundred year old Great Grandma's family heirloom box, or lock box filled with collectibles with a sledge hammer, then?"
"Well, no."

Granted, I don't do criminal activity in the US, but if I was going to be a criminal, I'd still prefer mostly surreptitious entry. Criminals tend to be stupid and unskilled. Breaking a window or drilling a lock is five times easier than picking the Kwikset that's on most people's doors. Call the cops to report something missing, the lack of broken window, sledged door or drilled lock might make them more likely to suspect insurance fraud or inside job than BurglarDisk. With biometrics, I suspect even moreso.

It's surprising how much bad science or false security is given informal or formal authority. Ask Chris how much judges, prosecutors and juries respect "forensic evidence" that is often on par with phrenology and homeopathy.

I admit, I've pondered it, but for reasons beyond my understanding, I stay well on the side of law abidding.  =|