Author Topic: Gordon Lightfoot dead at age 84  (Read 265 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Gordon Lightfoot dead at age 84
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 01:19:59 AM »
Met his Ex wife, Dusty, and his "special" kid when I sat in with Tabby Thomas' band for a set in Baton Rouge one night. She tried her best to get me to come out to her LA Studio and record. That was a BIG "No" from me!  :O
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 06:02:31 AM »
My absolutely favorite Lightfoot song -- If you could read my mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5tr_L31StI
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2023, 08:59:19 AM »
He was one of the best.  The only folk singer I ever really enjoyed.  Going to miss him.
I watched a documentary on his life a couple of times recently.  It was on Amazon Prime video and once on Tubi IIRC.  It was almost an extended interview, and it was quite good.  The guy lead a rough rock start life style for many years.  That probably took a lot out of him, shortened his life.
Edited to add that I have his Gord's Gold album.  Great stuff on that disc.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 10:04:37 AM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2023, 10:19:16 AM »
A man who could actually sing rather than just scream into the microphone . . . and he made music, not noise.

He had actual talent. The music world is poorer with his passing.

RIP
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2023, 10:31:20 AM »
A man who could actually sing rather than just scream into the microphone . . . and he made music, not noise.

He had actual talent. The music world is poorer with his passing.

RIP

FTFY  :'(
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams