Author Topic: If Biden Steps Down...  (Read 11615 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: If Biden Steps Down...
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
I wondered how long it would be before someone made an oblique reference to Hillary & Bill having Obama whacked so she could become president.

Treat lightly, folks.

I don't us want to ring any alarm bells in the deep, secret dungeons of certain government agencies.

At least no more than we normally do.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Umber

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
I keep hoping that Hillary will run as an independent.  That would be a fine thing for everyone involved.  Especially those of us who want to see McCain / Palin in office.

Umber

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
I keep hoping that Hillary will run as an independent.  That would be a fine thing for everyone involved.  Especially those of us who want to see McCain / Palin in office.

Umber
If she threw the election for McCain, then her political future would be over.  The democrats would never forgive her.

Nope, she'll find a less-obvious way to sabotage Obama.  But at the rate he's going, Obama might not need any help losing.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
I wondered how long it would be before someone made an oblique reference to Hillary & Bill having Obama whacked so she could become president.

Treat lightly, folks.

I don't us want to ring any alarm bells in the deep, secret dungeons of certain government agencies.

At least no more than we normally do.

I don't think that one was a literal reference.  I think he's saying the Clintons have something substansial on Barry that could knock him off his high horse for good.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
If the Clintons had something substantial on Barry, they'd have used it in the primaries.

Bruce H

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
If the Clintons had something substantial on Barry, they'd have used it in the primaries.

I'm not sure of this. I think Hillary tried but came up short against the annoited one. She has an absolutely safe senate seat. Why jepordize this and stand a chance of looking like a total looser if she paired with Obama.
It is possible to always be wrong.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »

Agreed, but it keeps resurfacing as if there is some smoking gun out there....naked pictures of Barry with a hooker and a 400lb man in a shady hotel room.....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Agreed, but it keeps resurfacing as if there is some smoking gun out there....naked pictures of Barry with a hooker and a 400lb man in a shady hotel room.....

I thought Barry was the hooker.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »

I thought Barry was the hooker.
If ever there was a thread that needed to die, it's that one.  Thanks for renewing the image.  I just threw up in my mouth a little...
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
I don't think that one was a literal reference.  I think he's saying the Clintons have something substansial on Barry that could knock him off his high horse for good.

It was a reference to the Clinton Twins' unbridled ambition, whether that ambition find an outlet through direct or indirect means.  I've been invited to desist from such theories of a conspiratorial nature, and since I always play well with others, I'll leave it at that.

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
The smoking guns in the case Barack Obama are already out there.  For some of us the fact that the guy who launched his political career was involved with an organization responsible for three dozen bombings in America is more than enough.  If the press were a responsible, disinterested group of true professionals, BHO would be nowhere near the Presidency of his nation.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
"I don't think that one was a literal reference."

That's why I used the word OBLIQUE.

Those e-mails on "Why it's so dangerous to be a friend of Bill and Hillary Clinton" aren't literal references to them going on a murderous rampage, either. They're OBLIQUE references.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
If the press were a responsible, disinterested group of true professionals, BHO would be nowhere near the Presidency of his nation.

Two little letters with so very much significance.
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
True dat, Irwin.
JD

agricola

• friend
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
So what happens when/if Biden steps aside?

HRC takes his place.  Smartest move the Democrats could make and could win the election for them.  McCain picked a woman VP?  Take it up a notch.  The first black president and the first female vice president.  That's change big time.  Remember, she got more of the popular vote than Obama. The democrat party is split right now over Hillary.  Unite them with a Obama/Clinton ticket, which would be unbeatable by McCain/Palin.  Let's see how smart and ballsy the Dems really are.   

That wont win the election for him, just signal that everything - all the hope and change, all the rhetoric, and all the promises, were absolutely meaningless when it came against him getting in the White House.  He puts Hillary on the ticket straight after "getting advice from Bill" and everyone would know what it meant, and who was in fact in charge. 

"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Hillary on the ticket means Bill is lurking around the white house.  It also means our good friends from the media will have to decide which white house spin to believe:  The president's or the former president's. 

Then there is the real deal killer--Michelle and Hillary are mutually antagonistic to one another. 

The whole idea of Hillary as VP has disaster written all over it.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

agricola

• friend
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
He puts Hillary on the ticket straight after "getting advice from Bill" and everyone would know what it meant, and who was in fact in charge.

I'm not sure what that sentence means, as it is rather disjointed (and, I believe, coming from a non-American, am I right?).  HRC is quite a bit more popular than corporate media would have you believe.  Remember, the majority of Dems voted for her in the primaries. In a debate, Hillary would roll over Palin like an Israeli bulldozer over Rachel Corrie.

And if you think Bill is 'in charge' of Hillary, you're naive beyond recall.

I am a non-American, and yet even I can see that Obama going to Hillary in these circumstances would signify nothing else than he was in serious, desperate trouble. 

She is indeed popular, though whether it would extend to an overwhelming victory - given that she didnt actually beat Obama during their primaries - perhaps her popularity is overegged somewhat.  In any case, I would dearly, dearly like to see a debate between Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
If BHO dumps Biden for Hillary, he'll wished that Jesse Jackson would have cut just his ^#*$ off, as she'll take all of his manhood, just like she did with Bill.  And that's just what we need in the White House.  Two neutered males running around.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Please ignore the temporal breaks in the continuity of this thread...

A....

Wizard...

did it.

Yeah.

A wizard.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Politics is an amusing overlay on deeper social and cultural realities.  We can play fantasy football all we want with different rosters but who here really thinks that America would remain governable with a White House harboring Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton?

Let's get serious.  That unholy alliance, even in the unlikely eventuality that it occurs, would catalyze "change" in a way few liberals have yet to get their minds around.  There are way too many of "us" for them to run amok with their Children's Crusade, sorry.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
The mutual loathing between Obama and Hellary aside, and the defection of the Pumas not a factor, Joe Biden really isn't a bad choice for VP.  Sure, I loathe the positions he takes on virtually everything, but AFAIK he's maintained his economic ties to the people he claims to represent.  For someone a Senator as long as he, he must be the least wealthy one there.

If you really want to shudder, the person Obama should have chosen isn't Hillary, but Diane Feinstein.  Fortunately, it's too late for that.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

taurusowner

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Please ignore the temporal breaks in the continuity of this thread...

A....

Wizard...

did it.

Yeah.

A wizard.

That post is a violation of the International Statue of Wizarding Secrecy.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Yeah, man, don't violate the statue.  That's just gross.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
So wait, just so I'm clear on this......

Is suggesting that the Clintons or one of their minions are responsible for killing witnesses considered a ToS violation 'round here?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
So wait, just so I'm clear on this......

Is suggesting that the Clintons or one of their minions are responsible for killing witnesses considered a ToS violation 'round here?

Unless Bill/Hillary/minion is actively under investigation, under arrest, or behind bars for such an activity, yes, it's a violation.

Unless such allegation is reported in one of the major news organizations and is backed up with information from investigators or the like, yes, it's a violation.

Weekly World News, Drudge Report, The Daily Incomprehensible Astonisher, etc., generally do NOT constitute major news organizations.

This crap has been bandied about for years now and, for all intents and purposes, is at the same level as "The Government has been hiding a family of aliens in Roswell since 1947."

Let it alone. The world has enough mouth breathing conspiracy theorist websites. This is not going to be another one.